• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Pokémon Unbound Expert Hardcore Nuzlocke (Modified)

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Hello, everyone! ShiniGojira here and I'm doing an Unbound Hardcore Nuzlocke since I feel like it'd be something fun to try.

Rules:
    -I can only catch the first Pokémon of the route and an extra in its Hidden Grotto if it's available.
    -Any Pokémon that faints will be boxed (except for one exception which I'll get to later)
    -Species Clause. I can only catch one mon of the same species, meaning only one mon of their evolution lines.
    -Shiny Clause. Shiny Pokémon are free game and I'm allowed to catch them.
    -No items except for held items.
    -Difficulty is set in Expert.
    -No overlevelling.

Here are some modifications I added to make it a little more possible and fun:
    -New Game+ is activated.
    -Docs will be allowed.
    -Any deaths in the Battle House are ignored as this place will be used for grinding and EV training.

That's it for the rules. If anyone has any problems with it then... I don't really care lol, I added these extra rules so it'd be more fun and if anyone else can complete this without my modifications then I salute thee, sir/madam/whatever.

And off to the game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Attempt #1

After selecting my starter, Beldum and naming him Ironman. I set off to Route 1 where I meet my encounter Vanillite... unfortunately, that's all I could remember before being slaughtered by my rival's Swinub and Gible due to me overestimating the strength of my underlevelled Ironman. I'd survived with one mon and decided to reset because it didn't seem possible to win with such a bad start.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    #Attempt 2

Onward to my second attempt, Beldum was my starter once again and after catching a full team of six. I blitzed past the First Gym, Mirskle with Hone Claws Metang and Heat Wave Litleo.

During this, I caught myself a Rimbombee that I had planned to sweep the Second Gym, Vega with but unfortunately, I had gotten cocky in my double battle with Jax and lost my Rimbombee against a critical Air Slash from my opponent's Swoobat which guess what...

Was my downfall against Vega as I had no mons that could properly counter his Pokémon.

And that's all I can remember about Attempt 2. Now onward to Attempt 3, my furthest attempt yet.

cossu3

loves hack rom
    Years
  • this challenge is actually hard because of the Pokemon unbound expert mode and because of the longevity of the game

keep this up and good luck!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    Attempt #3

And here's number 3, the longest attempt yet.

Mirskle was still not a challenge as Metang with Hone Claws and Litleo quickly made short work of him.

Then, luck was in my favor against Vega as I'd caught an Azurill and a Flapépé and after picking an Oshawott from the lady in Route 5, I proceeded to use my ADM to mine for a couple hours trying to get a Dawn Stone to evolve my Flapépé. After that, Vega was not a challenge with both Azumarill and Flores on my side as I suffered no losses against him.

Next up was Team Shadow's ambush and it wasn't as deathless however. In spite of walling the annoying Misdreavus with my Litleo, Ivory's Persian was an absolute devil and I had to sacrifice one of my moms to get a safe switch in. Although funnily enough, Zeph wasn't as difficult and I suffered no loss against him.

The third rival battle was pretty uneventful, Metang and Azumarill made quick work of him.

Next up was Alice, the Flying-type Gym, her Mega Pinsir was an absolute nightmare, my only survivor was my Alakazam who only survived because her Mega Pinsir got paralysed at the last moment, allowing me to secure the win.

The second Double Battle with Jax in Route 9 went okay, only one loss.

Then came Mel.

He was an absolute monster and I was literally one Hp away from winning against him.

My strategy consisted of Physically Bulky (Plus one Specially Bulky for the Porygon-Z) Pokémon trying to toxic stall with Toxic Spikes and Protect. I was close to winning it all but due to terrible RNG and crits, I lost against his last Pokémon, a Miltank where it had quite literally one Hp away from dieing to toxic.

So now the recap's all done with, let's get on to my current attempt.

Attempt #4

Back