• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • New Users Hangout

ATTENTION:
    This thread will be closed as of October 7th, 2011 at 12:01 AM EST. Please make note of this!

Welcome welcome, all - to the new New Users Hangout thread!
    The old one was getting a bit lengthy, so we thought it best to give it a nice, fresh start. While here, all new members can post to be greeted by others, and chat with fellow members. It's a nice way to start making some friends, and break the ice, because PC is rather large. This is definitely the place to start out. :D However, it's also recommended that you post your own individual introduction thread, rather than just introducing yourself in here.

You can also feel free to ask questions here, but before you go posting around like crazy, you might want to check out the links below. They may answer a lot of your questions~.

PokéCommunity Rules
    General Forum FAQ
    New Users/Welcome Guidelines

Feeling lost? PC can seem overwhelming if you don't know your way around, so I'd highly advise all new users to take a look at this guide. It has links, and information about many different area/aspects of this place. I got the idea of linking to it through a more recent post that was created by the user Twilight Sky, but given link is the official stickied guide. So I felt it best to link to that one. Hope it helps at least a few users out. :3

Also, I'd like to ask you not to forget that this area still follows regular forum rules. What's considered spam through-out the rest of PC, is also spam here. So be careful with what you post, and don't try to rush through to that almighty 15 post count. If they're found to be spam, they'll be deleted regardless.

In addition, please try to keep questions regarding ROM hacking in the Emulation boards. It's fine to ask questions regarding the forums and their organization here, but there's really no reason to ask questions about hacking here as chances are most people won't know what to tell you.

Just keep that in mind. (b ' ')b

All that aside, Welcome to PC, and have fun posting~!
    credit to Drew for this post~

Last edited:

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
  • Hello everybody. I'm a new user here. Also apparently the first guy to post here (that i can see). I've got a lot of jokes, and go on many different pokemon things, such as PMU and netbattle.
    (By the way, I have an incredibly important message...)

I LOVE BROWNIES! THEY TASTE SO GOOD!
    (XD lol)

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Welcome to the forums Reileyslucario! Everyone loves Brownies.. they are HAWT!
    If I can help you in any way, just leave a message on my wall :)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ohdang. I played PMU for awhile myself. xD

Welcome to the forums, Rileyslucario.

& Hurray for someone finally being the first to post in the thread. 8D

CallsignZero

Upcoming PokéProf.
    Years
  • Hello hello, I'm new to the forums here :)
    Spent a little bit of time lurking and PMing, willing to help anyone out with their dex's that needs help :D And if anyone wants to help me that'd be wonderful too haha
    I have some legendaries and event pokemon I'm not sure are legit but I think they are, got em from someone else and I'd be willing to trade forward and back for dex if they need
    I'm up for trades and stuff too of course, not too much for battling as I don't focus on that to much but if you wanna propose a standard battle I'd be up for it :)
    Don't know too much of the rules either as all I've really done is study things on Pokémon on Serebii
    I'm pretty mature and trustworthy and play lots of other games online including WoW, TF2, L4D, and CoD4 and have my Steam, AIM and Yahoo information availible if you wanna get in contact :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    Oh, hello. I've already posted my introduction thread, but I guess I'll hang around in this thread a bit, at least until I get a hang of the forum's social life.

I know I'm not in the best situation to do so, but I welcome you, RileysLucario and Callsign Zero.

I will try getting myself an appropriate avatar now. It's not picnic for me, but I'll manage it.

CallsignZero

Upcoming PokéProf.
    Years
  • Glad to have you aboard, CallsignZero. (b'')b

Tons of trading to be done over in the Trade Corner sub-forum, I'm sure you'll find that's the place to be if you're offering up some events. If you're unsure whether they're legit, just check this thread If your Pokémon's stats match those of the ones listed, you're a-okay, if not, they don't particularly belong on this community. :x

Good luck with your Pokédex completion. Cheers.

...and a fine welcome to you too, Charmandew. :>

Well the stats and stuff are legit, seems exactly like an event pokemon they all do, I guess they may have been cloned or whatnot but I dont really know and I'm glad with just havin em for dex :)
    I've been to the trade corner a little already, that's my lurkin station haha but there's so much shiny and event pokemon trading going on that it's hard to just pick out little stuff or reasonable trades that I'd be able to do :(

Thanks for the welcome though :)

Edit: On another note, is my FC on my TC in my sig hard to read with the colouring?

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    newbie pains

Hey guys...
    I'm super new here so yeeaaahhh....

Quick question: Is it even possible to change the tilesets in Sapphire with Elitemaps...
    More specifically, say I wanted to use the Lavaridge Gym's tiles in Dewford's.... I can't seem to find ANY way to change the set, not even a simple import. Id remake them all myself if necessary but this tool is giving me a headache. >.<

EDIT: This'll probably be my only post ever so sorry, I just realized should have asked elsewhere...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    Hi Pekachoo. I see that you're enjoying this place already.

This place seems to get many new members in one day. Me too, I have just joined.

Years
  • The best ROM Hacking Program

Hello.
    This is my second post and i am still a greenhorn in this rom hacking thing so I need to ask some questions.

First of all which is the best rom hacking program to use if you want to hack pokemon diamond, pearl and platinum? This also includes new areas, scripting and new sprites.

Secondly can you copy a gba pokemon region, lets say kanto and I want to put it in a pokemon diamond hack but with better graphics and sprites or do you have to make the whole kanto region from scratch?

Thirdly is it easier when two or more people are helping you?

Finally is it illegal to hack roms?

and Lastly why does it take a year to hack a pokemon rom? is it fun to hack roms?

Thanks for reading and for trying to answer my questions because you maybe looking at a future rom hacker here and when i become a hacker i will try to complete a hack.

Every little thing helps when you answer my post.

Origin

Pokemon: Sacred Shadows
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I am a new memeber too, I just wanted to know how you post your own thread. Thanks.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Hey guys...
    I'm super new here so yeeaaahhh....

Quick question: Is it even possible to change the tilesets in Sapphire with Elitemaps...
    More specifically, say I wanted to use the Lavaridge Gym's tiles in Dewford's.... I can't seem to find ANY way to change the set, not even a simple import. Id remake them all myself if necessary but this tool is giving me a headache. >.<

EDIT: This'll probably be my only post ever so sorry, I just realized should have asked elsewhere...

sup guys
    i am new, and likin this place so far.

Hi Pekachoo. I see that you're enjoying this place already.

This place seems to get many new members in one day. Me too, I have just joined.

Hello.
    This is my second post and i am still a greenhorn in this rom hacking thing so I need to ask some questions.

First of all which is the best rom hacking program to use if you want to hack pokemon diamond, pearl and platinum? This also includes new areas, scripting and new sprites.

Secondly can you copy a gba pokemon region, lets say kanto and I want to put it in a pokemon diamond hack but with better graphics and sprites or do you have to make the whole kanto region from scratch?

and Lastly why does it take a year to hack a pokemon rom? is it fun to hack roms?

Thanks for reading and for trying to answer my questions because you maybe looking at a future rom hacker here and when i become a hacker i will try to complete a hack.

I am a new memeber too, I just wanted to know how you post your own thread. Thanks.

Wow, there's a lot of unanswered welcomes! Well welcome to the forums all of you! I hope you're all having a great time & I hope you all stick around!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Hello.

Wow, you're certainly full of questions, aren't you? ^^

Technically these type of questions would be best asked over in the ROM Hacking forum, but I'll try to assist you for now. Since you may have some follow-up questions, I'll just send you a private message, okay?

Go into the board you wish to create a thread in, look for a button in the top left-hand corner that reads "New Thread," fill out the prompt, and finally post it. Once you do this, the thread will show up unless the board you posted said thread in is under moderator approval. New threads submitted in these boards, such as ROM Hacking, have to approved by a moderator before they are seen by the public.

Welcome to you all. (>'')>

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    I wish I could open up a business in this thread to give service for new members, but I have no talents that would be convenient for any of this, so oh well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    hi everyone i was wondering if someone could show me how to hack like a step by step basics as i am new to hacking and PC, i have never done it before but have played many of the hacks some of you have made includin (old) white, it would be really helpful

i wann start hacking but have no idea where to start could you help me in telling me what i need to start and wher i can get it from andlike a step by step basics guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Sneak Sableye

Bright Beauty ♥
    Years
  • Hey guys. I'm new here and I didn't want to make my own thread :0 I'm still pretty new to the forum scene. Anyway, this place looks so cool. :) I hope I make some freinds

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back