• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Team Held Items

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Ok, so my Pokemon team is almost done, except for held items. Which held items would be best for each, or should they remain the same?
Luxray (female)
Level 100
Moves:
Crunch
Discharge
Spark
Thunder
Current held item: Magnet

Infernape (male)
Level 100
Moves:
Grass Knot
Close Combat
Ember
Poison Jab
Current held item: Black Belt

Charizard (female)
Level 100
Moves:
Dragon Claw
Heat Wave
Flamethrower
Air Slash
Current held item: Flame Plate

Charizard (male)
Level 100
Moves:
Flamethrower
Rock Slide
Dragon Pulse
Overheat
Current held item: None
(Has higher stats than the other Charizard)

Froslass (female)
Level 100
Moves:
Crunch
Ice Beam
Thunder
Blizzard
Current held item: Never Melt Ice

Mewtwo (None)
Level 100
Moves:
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Water Pulse
Current held item: Odd Incense

The team is used for regular battling for fun, and also I use them to help level up the other Pokemon. I'd like to give them the best held items for each, so which held items should I use?

eXeMegadeth

Why are we here?
Years
First off, get rid of both Charizards. Infernape is much better. You should definetely add a water type to your team. Due to the fraility of your team, Swampert is a good option. If you still want the flying coverage, then staraptor could be good, or togekiss. Your froslass is an attacking set, which isn't the best for it. A good special attacking Pokemon would work here. Luxaray isn't very good, but if you intend on keeping it then do so. You should take away everything but crunch, really. Give Luxaray more Physical moves.

Now, on to the items. On luxaray Use a choice band or scarf. Band increases his power to a great extent, while scarf will take care of his low speed. Infernape should use life orb. Swampert should have leftovers to further help its bulk, and Staraptor can use a choice band to really hit hard. Mewtwo should use a life orb because of its great power and good coverage.

Back