• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] How to insert tiles with over 16 colors into Fire Red

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    I am currently trying to insert gen 4 tiles into my fire red rom, although they have more than 16 colors in their palette, so it condenses down and ruins the tiles. If anyone knows how to insert the tiles with over 16 colors, or really any method of inserting gen 4 tiles into a fire red rom, it would be a major help.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • so follow this, right?
    and then do that for every single palette that you want; insert the parts from the first palette, export the image in the new palette, add the new tiles you want in the new palette, insert the new tileset, export in a new palette, add the new tiles you want in the new palette, insert the new tileset, etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    so follow this, right?
    and then do that for every single palette that you want; insert the parts from the first palette, export the image in the new palette, add the new tiles you want in the new palette, insert the new tileset, export in a new palette, add the new tiles you want in the new palette, insert the new tileset, etc.

I think I am a bit off, but are you basically saying to insert the tileset with each of the different palettes individually that make up the tileset?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • I think I am a bit off, but are you basically saying to insert the tileset with each of the different palettes individually that make up the tileset?
    something like that...
    like, say your tree and your pond combined both take up a single palette
    you insert these with the rest of your tileset blank on a certain palette, and then switch to a different palette; edit the new palette to have the colors you desire, and then export the tileset with the new colors, ignoring how it messes up the old tiles that you just inserted. add on the tiles that take up a new palette, and then import the new tileset into the palette that was just edited...
    R67HK7g.png

so in this example, everything that was not the pond is on a different palette; that is, it was there before. the palette was switched to a new one, the tiles put on the tileset, and the tileset reimported
    does that then make sense or no?

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    something like that...
    you insert these with the rest of your tileset blank on a certain palette, and then switch to a different palette; edit the new palette to have the colors you desire, and then export the tileset with the new colors, ignoring how it messes up the old tiles that you just inserted. add on the tiles that take up a new palette, and then import the new tileset into the palette that was just edited...
    R67HK7g.png

so in this example, everything that was not the pond is on a different palette; that is, it was there before. the palette was switched to a new one, the tiles put on the tileset, and the tileset reimported

I think I have most of it, here is what I picked up. So if you had the tree and the pond, and they both took up a whole palette, then you insert them with the tileset. Then, you change the colors of the palette to work with the pond and the tree, but I am a bit confused there. How do you make them both have the correct colors in only one palette? I may be a bit mixed up there. So then you export the tileset with the tree and pond in the new palette, and then I am confused. I am confused at "add on the tiles that take up a new palette, and then import the new tileset into the palette that was just edited". Are you saying to add the tiles I want to insert, so in that case the tree and the pond? But aren't the tree and pond already in the tileset? Do I re-add them over the other ones since their colors are a bit messed up and condensed down? And then I don't know what you mean at all with import the new tileset into the palette that was just edited. Anyways sorry for being dumb... I just have basically no prior knowledge of this kinda thing besides what I have picked up to complete what I already have for my game. Thanks for being patient with me...

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    something like that...
    R67HK7g.png

Still here? I really need to figure this out to continue my hack, so it would be awesome if you could clarify the things I asked above. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    something like that...
    R67HK7g.png

I refer to the method in other people's video to beautify, but when I import the palette with Palette 7, there is always a problem with the palette, I don't know why. Do you have a solution?

Last edited:
    Back