• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Hi there! I've been playing since gen 1. Missed a few gens in there, still haven't played diamond/pearl or black/white, but have played just about every other generation. Just got the bug and got back into it with Sword, going to try my hand at competitive for the first time. Currently breeding up a team for the upcoming Champion League event in sw/sh, so pretty excited about that.

Years
  • Hello, Dash31x, and welcome to the forums!
    It's always great to have new members who have been playing since Generation 1 (like me ^^)!
    What is your favourite pokémon ?
    Have you played Black 2 / White 2 ? The best game in terms of means to train pokémon in my opinion!
    Sword & Shield section is here if you want to discuss about good teams!

Good luck with the Champion League event!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I have not played Black 2 or White 2 either, I will certainly have to look into them! Honestly I've loved so many Pokemon over the years It would be hard to pick a favorite but if I had to I would say probably Gengar, who's been definitely one of my favorites since the very beginning.

Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! I have not played Black 2 or White 2 either, I will certainly have to look into them! Honestly I've loved so many Pokemon over the years It would be hard to pick a favorite but if I had to I would say probably Gengar, who's been definitely one of my favorites since the very beginning.

My favourite is from the beginning too! Charizard, from Red to now! ^^
    Gengar was quite peculiar back then indeed, with only 3 Ghost pokémon in the first generation!

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! I have not played Black 2 or White 2 either, I will certainly have to look into them! Honestly I've loved so many Pokemon over the years It would be hard to pick a favorite but if I had to I would say probably Gengar, who's been definitely one of my favorites since the very beginning.

Welcome to the forum Dash!

We're glad to have you. It sounds like you have good taste. I love Gengar, that's my favorite ghost Pokemon, with Mimikyu being a close second.

I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Years
  • Hello and Welcome!

Are you aiming for PokeDex completion as well in Sword? Or does that not interest you?

Are you interested in the upcoming Scarlet/Violet?

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Welcome to the forum Dash!

We're glad to have you. It sounds like you have good taste. I love Gengar, that's my favorite ghost Pokemon, with Mimikyu being a close second.

I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Mimikyu is a great choice too! One of my favorite of the newer generations. Dragapult is up there in my top favorite ghost Pokemon as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Hello and Welcome!

Are you aiming for PokeDex completion as well in Sword? Or does that not interest you?

Are you interested in the upcoming Scarlet/Violet?
    Yeah, I've actually already completed the basic 400 for sword. I'm also currently working on a Living National Dex that I started with ORAS. I'm definitely interested in the upcoming Scarlet/Violet, my 4 y/o loves the trailers so I'm excited to share that experience with him. Right now he really loves the Dynamax Raid battles, so I'm hoping there is something similar with the New Terastallization like if they had raid dens or something similar for that it would be cool.

Years
  • I will always have memories of my favourite pokémon to treasure, like that one time I had a battle with a friend (my Charizard VS their Blastoise). Mine had around 280 hp out of 333 at that time, and had almost taken the Blastoise down while dodging repeated Hydrocannon. Then one hit, and I watched the plummeting hp with fear... until it stopped. At 1 hp! My friend, me and our other friends who were watching the battle all screamed as one in excitation! ^^

Do you have a great memory of your first moments on Pokémon ?

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Mimikyu is a great choice too! One of my favorite of the newer generations. Dragapult is up there in my top favorite ghost Pokemon as well.

You're taste gets better and better, I forgot about Dragapault, my favorite gen 8 Pokemon. I also happen to be a huge dragon Pokemon fan, it's my favorite typing with ghost being my second, so put them together, and I'm going to fall in love :)

Latios

Editor of the Johto Times newsletter
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hi there! I've been playing since gen 1. Missed a few gens in there, still haven't played diamond/pearl or black/white, but have played just about every other generation. Just got the bug and got back into it with Sword, going to try my hand at competitive for the first time. Currently breeding up a team for the upcoming Champion League event in sw/sh, so pretty excited about that.

Hello there, Dash and welcome to the forum! I started with Generation 1, but my favourite has to be Gen 2. Best of luck with that Champion League event, let me know how you get on!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    Haha I did not do very well. But for my first competitive experience it was fun. I learned a lot so it was worth it and I won some games. I think overall I went like 6-8.
    I did sweep a game with my shell smash cloyster so that was a lot of fun.

Overall I'm very happy with changes they've made to make competitive team building more accessible. In the past I've tried to get into it but it just took such a rediculous Amount of time to breed i was never able to follow through. But this team I was able to put together over a couple weeks by only putting in an hour or two a night so it was much easier to get into as a casual player.

I hope they keep things similar in scarlet/violet

Back