• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Lost with CFRU + DPE setup / Leon's Base etc. (Did many steps)

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    Heyah !

So it's a weird name for a thread, but here's my situation : I'd like to work on a ROM Hack based on CFRU + DPE. I want something based on Radical Red / Inflamed Red with just basic things. The idea is to have all Pokémon on it, some Z-Moves / Mega / Dynamax mechanics, updated stuff to Gen 8 and Raid Battles. That's pretty much it.

So I've started to search around CFRU since I've heard of that for a long time (which is an amazing job). So I wanted to use that as a base. I don't have any ROM Hacking experience, but I've thought I could handle it without too much trouble since I don't want to do a lot of modifications.

But now I'm hitting a wall.

• First I've tried to use the Leon's Base. I've patched it, and nothing really works. When I try to load the editing tools, I get errors, Pokémon names are just moves, I just see a lot of errors that blocks me to go deeper in the edits and the fun. Maybe i've missed a step, but once the UPS are patched, the CFRU + DPE are here and I can mess up with the data itself right ?
    • Then I've tried the github method. Did the setup (no issue with that I'm used to this), and then generated the test.gba without any modification, and without DPE atm since I just wanted to see if I could get something working as a first step. As soon as I want to start the adventure, I get a black screen. Solved this.
    • I've got CFRU to work as I wanted. Yay ! Now I wanted to add DPE. So I tried to copy / repoint the offsets as said in the guide, but as soon as I start the battle with the Rival, Black Screen.

I'm also confused on how to edit things after. I get the idea that many things will be done with C without too much issues like Wild stuff, but what about marts, trainers etc ? Couldn't find anything.

What I'm missing ? I've read various documentation and I can't really find something that fits these issues. I can provide more informations if necessary.

Thanks o/

Last edited:
    Back