• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    Haha you got me for a moment there :laugh:

I'm back from Melbourne YAY!

Wow a lot has been happening. I think I've been fairly quiet on the questions front on here so I will ask a question... If I can think of one.

I HOPE AUSTRALIA BEATS NZ IN THE CRICKET!!

Oh hang on... No, that wasn't it. Oh dear...

I guess what I'm wanting to ask is, will there be a way to stop scammers in the game, because I know, if people offer to move items from one place to another, it would be likely that some would just take the items and run.

Although I think I might be a Mover when the game becomes public, because that actually sounds useful!

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • er.. why run anyone who would play this would know where everything is and its not like there are onixs attacking players and runners like in guild wars . the only thing that would need running would be caves but the person playing will have to go though it. Plus in other games if a party goes into diff area the rest goes with them... but thats not in this.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • hey, i dont meen to bug you but do you have a rough idea whem its goin to be released

well i keep finding things which i want to add before the beta release

Haha you got me for a moment there :laugh:

I'm back from Melbourne YAY!

Wow a lot has been happening. I think I've been fairly quiet on the questions front on here so I will ask a question... If I can think of one.

I HOPE AUSTRALIA BEATS NZ IN THE CRICKET!!

Oh hang on... No, that wasn't it. Oh dear...

I guess what I'm wanting to ask is, will there be a way to stop scammers in the game, because I know, if people offer to move items from one place to another, it would be likely that some would just take the items and run.

Although I think I might be a Mover when the game becomes public, because that actually sounds useful!

I'm sure people can use commonsense for that

er.. why run anyone who would play this would know where everything is and its not like there are onixs attacking players and runners like in guild wars . the only thing that would need running would be caves but the person playing will have to go though it. Plus in other games if a party goes into diff area the rest goes with them... but thats not in this.
    Umm that made as much sense as England winning the ashes.

Yea I'm confused too

Well along with all the items now in the game
    the shops are now being stocked

White is working on all the privacy policy's and the terms of conditions as well as all the moderation stuff

I'm still adding in all theses move effects. and i did a lot of bug fixing today

Update after me and white spent the entire day fixing up bugs we found a bug we just couldn't figure out
    White not being a coding he set up a network to test a few things out

I managed to figure out what the bug was and fixed it and then it worked (Capital letter) to be honest I'm sure its not case sensitive
    then i tested it again later and it didn't work
    and now it works again
    very odd
    I'm compiling the game again to see if it works in .exe form

Last edited:

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • since noone has posted, i might as well give a bit of an update...

Done:
    • Parents Guide
    • Staying Safe Guide
    • Viridian City Pokemart

Part Done:
    • EULA (End User License Agreement), about 1% through it as it is that real long agreement in the installer
    • Moderators Guide, 90%, just trying to think of the rules i havent put in it yet and what mods should do
    • Items, 10% waiting for item sprites
    • Shops, 1% waiting for items
    • FAQs, 15% just the beginning ones as we will add more as heaps of people ask the same questions
    • Rules, 95% I know there are more, but cant think of them
    • Trainer Tips signs, 10% Most of the original trainer tips signs are focussed on single player features

To-do but not started:
    • Privacy Policy
    • Moderator training plan
    • Help blacksprite plan the demerit/warn system so moderators can see if another moderator has warned a player about something recently

I think that is all...

Last edited:

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Here are some rules if you need White/Blacksprite:

- Being AFK for more than 20 minutes will get you kicked out.
    - Using auto-programs or hacks will get you banned.
    - Spamming will either make you kicked out or make you silenced for 5+ minutes.
    - Using Packet Editors will make you IP banned forever.
    - Trying to impersonate as a GM or Mod will get you banned or kicked out.
    - Using hacks to steal Trainers items or Pokemon will get you banned.
    - Saying many means things to a person will make you silenced.
    - Using 2 or more accounts at the same time will get you kicked out/banned.
    - Blocking people or places will get you kicked out.
    - (?) Being in teams just to get free exp will get you kicked out. (?)
    - (?) Littering a place or town will lag or will get you kicked out. (?)

Shadez

-
    Years
  • good rules only a few things

- Being AFK for more than 20 minutes will get you kicked out.
    what does afk mean if you mean not beind at the computer they have already solved that

you should make this lik dont interact

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • - Being AFK for more than 20 minutes will get you kicked out.
    Already implemented
    - Using auto-programs or hacks will get you banned
    I wouldnt recommend this as the software permanently bans your computer from PTOA automatically... not even reinstalling the client will save you after you get permbanned.
    - Spamming will either make you kicked out or make you silenced for 5+ minutes.
    Already in my list
    - Using Packet Editors will make you IP banned forever.
    I also wouldnt recommend this as the software permanently bans your computer from PTOA automatically...
    - Trying to impersonate as a GM or Mod will get you banned or kicked out.
    Thanks, added now.
    - Using hacks to steal Trainers items or Pokemon will get you banned.
    I wouldnt recommend this either as the software permanently bans your computer from PTOA automatically...
    - Saying many means things to a person will make you silenced.
    Thanks, added
    Server automatically kicks all users that access the server with the same IP, so no internet cafe access...
    - Blocking people or places will get you kicked out.
    Warned first, just in case they didnt realise they were blocking paths or people... not likely, but just in case...

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Originally Posted by ShadowElliot

You cant use more than one client on an computer
    internet cafe's would be fine in that respect
    but internet cafe's wouldn't work anyway as only one computer can use one port ant any one time
    ie more that one computer cant use port 80 at the same time from your router or switch

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • Yeah, you might have to get NProtect GameGuard, Hacking Prevent System. My mom plays a game from south korea, and one time a bunch of people hacked the server to get everything, like gold and SOS (special stuff, called Seal of Star) items, and if they got too many the value of gold would be 0 since there's so much and it took 3 days to repair the server.

Are there going to be random Bill Cosby appearances?

I thought so. Anyway, it WOULD be scary to see an image of Bill Cosby appear and yell out "POKEMON?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Well, there's only one thing scary.. Roleplayers, EEP! You know, the people who are like 'There's an injured Pokemon! *Catches it*'.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • Oi! role player aint scary . If theres chat theres role players. Anyway im a role player but i will do most of it once i beat everything that you can in kanto so i dont get bored.. till they if they make the johto regoin ( johtos my favoirite regoin) sorry about my terrible spelling

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    hey there i know this is my first post but id like to show everyone me compony which im goin to start when the game is released(in game company) tell me what you think

Arcaine Inc

For all you're shipping, moving, transportation and buying needs.
    What ever your needs are fleet of top of the line ships and shops are here to serve you with amazing bargains.

logo ( the logo is my trainer picture)

Member's club-

Become a member and profit from special prices, wonderful gifts, and wicked parties.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • Yeah, you might have to get NProtect GameGuard, Hacking Prevent System. My mom plays a game from south korea, and one time a bunch of people hacked the server to get everything, like gold and SOS (special stuff, called Seal of Star) items, and if they got too many the value of gold would be 0 since there's so much and it took 3 days to repair the server.

Are there going to be random Bill Cosby appearances?

I thought so. Anyway, it WOULD be scary to see an image of Bill Cosby appear and yell out "POKEMON?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Well, there's only one thing scary.. Roleplayers, EEP! You know, the people who are like 'There's an injured Pokemon! *Catches it*'.

i pray no one tries to hack the system in its early stages as it wont be exactly bug free
    Bill Cosby will NOT make an appearance
    And role players are just people with imagination that are really getting into the game thats kinda what an mmo's all about

Oi! role player aint scary . If theres chat theres role players. Anyway im a role player but i will do most of it once i beat everything that you can in kanto so i dont get bored.. till they if they make the johto regoin ( johtos my favoirite regoin) sorry about my terrible spelling

well this is my last year at school and then im off to university where i will be studying for a graduate diploma in game development
    which will probably use up all my time and energy and if it doesn't I'll know how to improve the game even more

hey there i know this is my first post but id like to show everyone me compony which im goin to start when the game is released(in game company) tell me what you think

Arcaine Inc

For all you're shipping, moving, transportation and buying needs.
    What ever your needs are fleet of top of the line ships and shops are here to serve you with amazing bargains.

logo ( the logo is my trainer picture)

Member's club-

Become a member and profit from special prices, wonderful gifts, and wicked parties.

People pay you to ship things?
    hmm you may find alot of people unwilling to use your service
    First of the fact you could take there money and there items
    and what would you move around for them, a lot of people would just carry the items around for them selves in there bag
    id wait till you in game before you decide on the service arcanine inc. provides
    As certain thing only grow or are produced/Manufactured in certain town this means that the price of items will vary depending on the town
    you may decide yo buy items in one town load them onto your ship and sail to a more remote town and sell them to any prospective buyers

Pardon me if this has already been asked, but do you know which Pokemon are the 28+ starters? If so, which ones are they?

Hmm actually we cut about 10 Pokemon of the list so theres only 20 but we want to add another 10 to bring it to 30
    and I'm not revealing what those Pokemon are

I came up with another rule:

- Trying to edit any trainer/Pokemon sprites will make you temporarily banned?

Really that would only affect the way the that client looks but im working on a way to encrypt the GFX so the cant be opened in paint or any other imaging program but can be opened buy the game

It would also be difficult to find out who's doing it as you wouldnt be able to tell from another game client

But keep going with your suggestions i know Whitesprite is finding them very useful

Last edited:

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Oh ok :)
    ShadowElliot is not a name for a dumb one :P
    I'm glad to help Black and WhiteSprite :)
    Here are more:

- ? You are still banned even if change your IP Address after getting banned. ?

- Battling for items or pokemon will kick you out the game.

- Selling Pokemon will get you banned.

- Being in the game just to get a girl/boy friend is not allowed because you're meeting
    strangers.

- Trying to have naked affairs (fake sex,moaning at people to annoy them, etc.) will get you banned.

- ? Spamming in global will make you silenced. ?

- Advertising for another game will get you banned. (EX: JOIN PDOA!)

- Selling items are only allowed in the PokeMart or in the market.

- Some Pokemon will only evolve by trading with only a friend or they will steal and run away with it.

- Blackmailing trainers/GM's will get you banned.

- Telling GM's to warp you to a secret map will make you silenced/temporary ban.

- Begging will make you silenced.

- Telling people to give you items just to help them will make you silenced/temporary banned.

- Asking GM's to make changes "now" will get you silenced.

Also one suggestion: I saw a police thing once in a town map and will there be jail, like you stay there for a few days, like when your temporary banned, you stay in the jail for 1-5 days until released?

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • - ? You are still banned even if change your IP Address after getting banned. ?
    Yes, your computer (not IP) is completely locked from PTOA once you get a permanent ban placed on you (dont worry, only senior mods and Blacksprite can do this). This is because in NZ, and probably many other places, static ips are used, which reset once every half-hour or so... and a permban needs to be permanent, not for shorter time than a day ban...

- Battling for items or pokemon will kick you out the game.
    You can battle for items or money (you have to place a wager on the match), but i dont think you can even put pokemon on the wager.

- Selling Pokemon will get you banned.
    No, this is allowed

- Being in the game just to get a girl/boy friend is not allowed because you're meeting strangers.
    - I think this is a good idea, but how do you think we should do this?
    - we have a staying safe guide saying you should never meet a person you are friends with online in person.

- Trying to have naked affairs (fake sex,moaning at people to annoy them, etc.) will get you banned.
    This is already in the rules.

- ? Spamming in global will make you silenced. ?
    I dont even think norms can use global messenging... but i will loook into it and add this if they can.

- Advertising for another game will get you banned. (EX: JOIN PDOA!)
    added, but with warnings...

- Selling items are only allowed in the PokeMart or in the market.
    we actually like the idea of merchants, selling items in the middle of viridian forest, mt moon etc.

- Some Pokemon will only evolve by trading with only a friend or they will steal and run away with it.
    Evolutions which require trading still do, if the other person steals off with it, you have to sort it out with them... the good thing about trading with a friend is that when you next see them you get a free swing at them...

- Blackmailing trainers/GM's will get you banned.
    Good idea... thanks

- Telling GM's to warp you to a secret map will make you silenced/temporary ban.
    Dont quite understand

- Begging will make you silenced.
    I dunno, will talk with blacksprite about this...

- Telling people to give you items just to help them will make you silenced/temporary banned.
    Dont quite understand

- Asking GM's to make changes "now" will get you silenced.
    good idea but i dont like the silenced part, i would prefer kicked...

Also one suggestion: I saw a police thing once in a town map and will there be jail, like you stay there for a few days, like when your temporary banned, you stay in the jail for 1-5 days until released?

Jail is normally used by police cadets (who cant ban) when a player has done something bad enough to be banned (not permanent banned) the cadet jails them, so they cant do anything until they are banned by a constible or higher ranked officer...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back