• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] A decent, easy ROM base

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hey all,

I really REALLY want to create a new hack. I have a sick idea, storyline etc etc, but I have a problem.

I need a ROM base which includes up to at least gen 5 Pokemon, moves, abilities and combat mechanics etc. I would love the newer items too.

I know CFRU exists but honestly, it's too much work. I created my previous hack using simple tools such as a A-Map, XSE, G3T, Notepad, MS Paint... CFRU is way above my technical ability to set up and the idea of sinking 4 hours into learning how to set it up only for it to fail because I missed a tiny detail kills my enthusiasm. I can't even decipher 90% of the jargon.

Can anybody assist me with a ready to go patch? Maybe help me set up a CFRU base how I need it? Answer my few questions? Just a little discord session would possibly do it.

I really want to turn this new idea of mine into a playable game but I just need some help getting past this first hurdle.

I stopped ROM hacking in 2012 originally. Came back, updated my old hack, and that's it. I've missed a lot and just need some assistance at least to get me going.

Back