• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Pokemon Crystal Clear Playthrough

Years
  • Entry 1

I chose Pallet Town in Kanto as my starting town. For my starter I chose a charmander. I named him Tabasco. On my way to Viridian, I caught a grand total of zero pokemon. Tabasco leveled up to level 7 and learned ember.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gyms Completed

Pokemon
    Tabasco | Charmander | Lvl 7

Last edited:
    Years
  • Entry 2

So basically I play while I write these, and I was about halfway through writing entry 2 when my PC crashed. I had spent about an hour and I lost a half hour. I full odds got a shiny magikarp from the guy who sells it in the Mt Moon Pokemon Center. All of that, gone. I'm beyond devastated to be honest. Most of that half hour was spent traveling and doing pokemon battles but losing the shiny magikarp is what hurts the most. However, this won't discourage me from continuing to make these. So here's entry number two, from the top!
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I made my way to Viridian City but I didn't want to challenge the gym yet because I was underleveled and had a team of one. On top of that, rock type is effective to fire type. So I bought some pokeballs and went into Viridian forest to grind and catch some more pokemon. I caught a pikachu who I named Thor and a weedle who I named Murder Hornet. I realized none of those pokemon were going to be useful in the fight against Brock so I decided to go and get the magikarp from the guy in the Mt Moon Pokemon Center and then fight Misty in the meantime before fighting Brock. (I probably won't fight Misty this entry though.) On the way there I caught a caterpie and named it Monarch. I got the magikarp again and I got shiny again so I'm assuming it is a 100% chance at least in this rom hack. On one hand I'm happy that I got the shiny but on the other hand I'm a bit disappointed that it means I didn't get lucky. I named the magikarp Tempest. The name is pretty ironic for magikarp but eventually it will be a fitting name when he is a Gyarados. In between Entries 2 and 3 and plan to grind my pokemon a bit because there won't be much to write about when it comes to that.

Gyms Completed

Pokemon
    Tabasco | Charmander | Lvl 9
    Thor | Pikachu | Lvl 9
    Murder Hornet | Weedle | Lvl 5
    Monarch | Caterpie | Lvl 3
    Tempest | Magikarp | Lvl 5

Last edited:
    Back