• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Ash ever catch a legendary Pokemon (Ho-Oh a chance?)

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
Years
  • Ash seems to have some kind of special connection with legendary pokemon. I doubt he could take down a legendary pokemon like ho-oh and capture it a pokeball. I could however see a legendary pokemon allying its self with ash as a sign of respect.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Like everyone said, no chance ! ^^
    In the Anime, the Legendary concept is still clean, not like in the games . That means that a legendary is a legendary, roaming the land as it wants .
    This very well sums up my thoughts.

Satoshi catching a legendary in the Anime is very unlikely to say the least. He may aid one in need of help like he has done before, but to own one of his own, like Ho-oh, I don't see it happening. The reason why is because it would just seem to disrupt the mood of the show. Satoshi would have this Uber Pokémon that basically no one else owns and it could pretty much bring down the anime in my opinion.

If it were to ever happen though, then I see it occurring near the end of the anime itself. It could symbolize a wrapping of the show just like it symbolized the beginning of Satoshi's adventure.

Manga

Manga Lover~
    Years
  • Unless it's in a movie and he absolutely needs it..Well,I guess it'd be OK.. But,Otherwise I'd stop watching the show.It's SO ANNOYING when just because people have a legendary they'd become all power-hungry and think they are strong.

I think if Ash caught a legendary pokemon he'd never catch another pokemon.He'd only use the legendary pokemon because it's probably going to be a powerhouse.No fun watching a trainer who is power hungry..

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
  • Truthfully? I don't think Ash will be catching a Legendary Pokemon anytime soon; If that happened, like if he caught Ho-Oh then that would mean he could catch any Pokemon really, so the motive wouldn't sort of be there if you know what I mean. But depending when and if Pokemon will ever come to an end, Ash may get lucky with a legendary, although I'm not going to hold my breath thats for sure! xD

Years
  • I think we all know that Ash will not catch a legendary and especially not Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh like most legendaries are too important to the anime storyline unlike in the games where you can catch just about anything.

AuroraHearts

Noob Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    ash shouldnt catch a ho-oh
    he sucks waaay too much

plus ho-ohs too good for him

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    then why would the catch phrase be " gotta catch'em all" if he doesn't catch legendaries?

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • then why would the catch phrase be " gotta catch'em all" if he doesn't catch legendaries?

"Gotta catch 'em all" came from the DUB. The Japanese make the anime. Besides, the catchphrase died ages ago.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    From the Brass tower it is said a unpure hearted trainer attacked the tower in order to obtain legendary lugia but after failing and killing 3 evee fled the scene which is where Ho-oh was said to have resurrected the 3 as the legendary beasts and then Ho-oh set out for a trainer pure of heart to help guide pokemon and people close together. in my opinion ash is that trainer obviously Ho-oh was spotted by ash in the first episode he seen him a few other times and traveled and gained many new pokemon in my opinion Ho-oh would come to ash out of respect probally in some epic movie type thing where ash finally becomes the master he set out to be

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    No way. I think it's already established that legendary Pokemon are frickin' deities. The only way to plausibly capture one is by special means, like some harmful machinary. Ash wouldn't use that. He won't capture one. That's for sure.

Actually, Izanagi, Pyramid King Brandon caught Legendary Pokémon in his Poke Balls (specifically, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel), not using harmful machinery at all. And don't get me started on that Legendary trainer Ash faced in Sinnoh who had Darkrai and Latios, both of which he clearly kept in Poke Balls. So don't think Ash can't or won't capture a legendary via Poke Balls.

That being said, it's unlikely he'll do so until the writers decide to end the Anime.

Back