• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Introducing Me

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Hello, my name is Ysmael, and I live in the Philippines. I'm currently at Sariaya, Quezon, but I was from Quezon City, Metro Manila, and moved to Sariaya due to the pandemic.

My Pokémon Cred

I have at least tried to finish every main series games I can. I have yet to play Pokemon X/Y, Sun/Moon, and Ultra Sun/Moon, since I only owned a 3DS for a short time, and I've only played Omega Ruby.

Beyond that I've played almost every Main Series game and finished every Main Series game I played (except Black2/White2). I didn't grow up with a Nintendo handheld, so all of the main series games I played (except for Omega Ruby and Sword) are played via emulator.

I'm currently playing Pokémon GO. I am at Level 47 in Team Valor. While I do sometimes have a small hiatus (not playing intensively but still making sure I catch at least one Pokemon or finish one research task per day), beyond that I have played the game since 2016, and seen the game evolve from the Raid meta to the current GO Battle League.

Outside of Pokémon

I am movie fan as well. While I love watching MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movies, if a movie is really good, regardless of genre, I will watch it. I love finding underrated movies like Sing Street, The Edge of Seventeen, or Whiplash than only avid movie fans love.

I am also a fan of the NBA. While I don't generally root for a team, the first team I really liked is the 2011-12 Oklahoma City Thunder but I fell off them once Kevin Durant left. Currently, the teams I'm rooting for are the Utah Jazz, Denver Nuggets, Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Oklahoma City Thunder, and Miami Heat.

I also play Minecraft from time to time.

Years
  • Hey, welcome! Have you considered playing any of the mainline Pokémon games you've missed? They all have something to offer but do take up a lot of time, and if you're trying to watch a lot of great movies also it'll be difficult to juggle. How is the movie theater situation during the pandemic out where you live?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us! Welcome to the community! Do you see yourself owning a Switch anytime soon?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Hey, welcome! Have you considered playing any of the mainline Pokémon games you've missed? They all have something to offer but do take up a lot of time, and if you're trying to watch a lot of great movies also it'll be difficult to juggle. How is the movie theater situation during the pandemic out where you live?

The only main series games I've missed are the 3DS ones so I've yet to play X/Y, Sun/Moon, and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. I've had a 3DS for a short time but only played Omega Ruby, since I thought that was the safest option before trying out the other 3DS games but I never did due to time restraints. I have beaten Sword and luckily was able to transfer all my mons in Omega Ruby to Pokemon Bank to Pokemon Home.

Reagrding movies, I'm honestly not sure, but I did see a mall here has a theatre open but with limited capacity. I'm too afraid to go out because recently there has been a surge of new cases in my area. I do miss watching movies on the big screen though.

Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us! Welcome to the community! Do you see yourself owning a Switch anytime soon?

I did own one, a Switch Lite but my girlfriend's little brother left it in the sink accidentally and got submerged in water. Since he's the only one using it for awhile, I'm not planning on buying a replacement Switch for awhile. Maybe when there's a game that would reel me back to playing Switch, maybe Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl?

Back