• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon Platinum, my all-time favorite!

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Lookin' good, PokéCommunity. My name's LoveGame, and I'm a man destined to be king! It's been forever since I posted here, and several years ago I made a thread for my old Pokémon Gold LP, so I figured I'd do the same for my current project, Pokémon Platinum Version, easily my favorite of the series. I'm not sure how active PC is these days, but I thought it'd be fun to share this here and maybe even get some feedback.

For this thread, I'll be following the traditional method of making one post per video. However, this LP is already in progress. As of this post, it's 21 parts in, but like I said I only just now remembered this place existed. Hope it's not against the rules to post an in-progress LP; I didn't find anything that said so anyway. All that being said, I hope you guys enjoy this LP, as I feel it's much better than my Gold run from 2014! I hope I did this game justice!

Here is the first video of the LP, where we get all the basics out of the way, obtain a starter, and... you know the drill by now:

If you'd like to keep watching without waiting for me to update the thread, here's a link to the entire playlist!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJNkGjSfrLUdqhKqh4KCrWc7MUMph6Qs5

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I should update this, huh? I see embedding videos on here is still as confusing as it was... anyway. In the second part, we kick this journey off for real and even catch our first new team member. It's a common one all right, but at least it ain't Starly.

Oh yeah, it also seems my thread got moved to the 4th gen sub. Not complaining, I was just confused as to why the sticky about LPs was in the other sub.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023

Update. Let's go. In this episode, we finally wrap up the basics and I get some particularly good RNG. Also there's even more hella dank music.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023

Won't have time to record for a few days, so I'll try to update this more. This time around, we finally make the trek to Oreburgh before I pass out. Chill stuff.

Back