• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Section 0 error in pokemon.txt

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I've got this error in the pokemon.txt PBS file:

Spoiler:

I have no idea where to look or what to look for. Doesn't section 0 mean that there's a problem with the Pokemon with index 0? There is no Pokemon like that in my PBS file. It also may be important to note that I've gotten errors with sections above 0 before this with only changing minor typos between, so I'm not sure why it would compile section 0 after section 865 anyway. Also, it seems like there's a blank field instead of a positive integer, but I don't see why this would cause a problem. Can anyone help with where to look or what to look for?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I tried the PBS files in a different game file, and it worked fine, so I wonder if something was changed in the scripts?

EDIT: I figured out the problem. I had the evolution type for some gen 8 Pokemon defined in PBEvolutions, but I didn't do anything else with them. Not sure why that would cause this error though

Last edited:
    Back