• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BW Location Signposts(v19.1)

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
Years
  • Introduction
    This plugin mimics the Gen5 (BW and B2W2) Signpost in Pokemon Essentials. It is an update of Shiney570's BW Location SIgnpost script to Essentials v19.1, with a lot of improvement and new features.

Compatibility
    This script has been tested compatible with Pokemon Essentials v19.1 and the Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1. Any version lower than that isn't tested for compatibility with this Plugin.

Changes from Shiney570's version
    1. Updated to v19.1.
    2. Some custom signpost graphics along with the original ones (eg:- Forest, Cave).
    3. Uses the Original font used for writing the route numbers in the callout in the splash.
    4. Support for 3 digit route numbers.
    5. Seasons splash is shown according to the BW Seasons and not real world seasons.
    Note: This plugin doesn't aim to create a script for changing tilesetrs according to seasons. This uses Pokemon Essentials v19.1 default season method to show seasons.

Pictures
    bW7Hh37.png
    fzBUdVc.png

Z6go3ga.png
    9jFWwfG.png

Instalation Instructions
    1.Download the BW Signpost.rar from the link below with the Graphics and Plugins and extract and replace its contents in your projects main folder.
    BW Signpost.rar
    2.In BW_SignPosts_Config.rb , you can set which locations is considered by which name in the arrays and also..
    Code:
    SHOW_SEASONS = true
    ...to your choice according to the instructions provided.

Credits
    Shiney570 (Original)
    DeepBlue PacificWaves (Some Graphic Rips)
    Shashu Greninja (Update and Improvement)

Shashu-Greninja

Years
  • Very Minor Update

Fixed a bug with the custom Port and Desert Signposts names in the code which caused the None Signpost Graphic to be used. Thanks to @Cross Agento on Relic Castle for reporting this bug. The update included very minor change in the script with just two words changing... But ya if you plan having some desert or port map, mind updating the script!
    The download link is still the same

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    I already asked this on relic castle but would it bit possible to make the seasons signposts appear based on the time of day? Bacause whej i try to do it myself whit "getTimeNow" i gives me an error at line 209 even though i don't touch that part

Shashu-Greninja

Years
  • I already asked this on relic castle but would it bit possible to make the seasons signposts appear based on the time of day? Bacause whej i try to do it myself whit "getTimeNow" i gives me an error at line 209 even though i don't touch that part

Um sorry, I probably didnt reply because I was busy with my exams and also with my personal life. But changing to the original topic, what do you want? Like show morning/ evening/ afternoon to show in place of spring/ autumn/ winter or you want to show what time it is like 4:00 PM?

Speaking of the error, there could me many reasons why that is popping up, but I think theres some problem with how the season splash comes, but I will help you up qith the code once you tell me what you actually want.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    thanks for replying i am trying to show morning/ evening/ afternoon in place of spring/ autumn/ winter. i tried to replace
    Spoiler:

with
    Spoiler:

Shashu-Greninja

Years
  • thanks for replying i am trying to show morning/ evening/ afternoon in place of spring/ autumn/ winter. i tried to replace
    Spoiler:

with
    Spoiler:

Well, you can try with this script, I have tested it to work (Replace the same portion):
    Code:
        if SHOW_SEASONS == true
    		time = pbGetTimeNow
            @season=Sprite.new
    		if PBDayNight.isDay?(time)
    			if PBDayNight.isMorning?(time)
    			  @season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Morning")
    			elsif PBDayNight.isAfternoon?(time)
    			  @season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Afternoon")
    			elsif PBDayNight.isEvening?(time)
    			  @season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Evening")
    			else
    			  @season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Day")
    			end
            elsif PBDayNight.isNight?(time)
    			@season.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Location/","Night")
    		end
            @season.y=Settings::SCREEN_HEIGHT
            @season.z=99999
        end

Note: This will cause an error because the graphics for Morning/ Afternoon/Evening/Day/Night is not there, so make sure to create them first. Also the variable name for the graphics is stil @seasons, so you can replace all with something like @daytime to make it more logical, but its completely fine to keep it as it is!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2022
    Hi, would it be possible to have it so we can set which maps are towns, cities, routes etc. rather than having to have it in the name? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    I may not be the creator, but you could pretty easily just make the list of each Town, City, etc. keyword in the scripts just the maps' names instead to accomplish this, as obviously the map "Route 1" will contain "Route 1" in its name, for example.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Hi I cant get this to work in 19.1 does it work using map transfer events? I dont have connected maps, thanks!
    update: map meta data was incorrect, ShowArea = true was needed

Last edited:
    Back