• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you first hear about Pokemon?

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
Years
  • I believe it was during school in grade, uhh... I don't remember, like 3 or 4, but a friend of mine at the time played the games and he showed me Leaf Green, so I wanted to try it out for myself (with Fire Red). ^^

I probably saw it around randomly before then, but that was the first time Pokémon actually registered in my mind as a thing.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Missed a few episodes but it had to be 1999 when in just aired here in Belgium. There was a big buzz about it and it was even in the newspapers. My mom told me and my nieces.
    Soon everyone had trading cards in school, except for me. I actually got my Machop card from a girl from my grade. First ever card was Machop and first ever virtual Pokémon was well, Squirtle.
    Oooh, the nostalgia..

Back