• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Engine] DS Game Maker

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
  • hey dude i donloaded it and tried to open it but it says there is some kind of application error or something like that and it aborted it.

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    However, the make command doesn't work for unknown reasons, so it cant be compiled

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • You gotta have microsoft C++ or something. Its some type of program. If you dont have it, you cant make the games.

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Yes, I have, but the question is: the make command should be always available.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
    Years
  • I think you have to buy it to compile a game... I think the trial thing is just to see what it is like... It's aimed at kids, so I don't think it would require C++ or C#...

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2008
    Nope

No need to buy it to compile the games. It isn't a trial, it's a version in perfect working order with just less actions.

Here is how to rid your 'make' error: Go to the DS Game Maker forums, click 'Troubleshooting', then the topic at the top, 'Ultimate how to install everything...' or delete the stars in this link:

htt*p://ww*w.dsgamemaker.com/forum/viewtopic.p*hp?f=9&t=25

- James

Josh1billion

Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    What are the requirements for transferring a compiled game to a DS for testing/playing?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    DS Game is coming back.. Yes, 4.9 - (and possibly 5.12) will be fixed up..

Forum: htt*p://dsgamemakerfan.unaux.com/index.p*hp

delete the stars in this links..

What are the requirements for transferring a compiled game to a DS for testing/playing?

you'll need an r4 flashcart or a DSONE super card and their downloads

I think you have to buy it to compile a game... I think the trial thing is just to see what it is like... It's aimed at kids, so I don't think it would require C++ or C#...

it's actually aimed for everyone... the more you know about coding the more complex games you can build.. and the trial part is getting removed with the new fix coming..

You gotta have microsoft C++ or something. Its some type of program. If you dont have it, you cant make the games.

when you install it you will to install the TOOLCHAIN - it will prompt you to do so during installation of dsgm

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back