• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does it matter to the rest of the world?

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
  • Some people here have been gamemaking nonstop, but I finally came to a halt. I was cleaning my computer of old files, and what would appear, but my purchased copy of RMXP. I started remembering the good times that I had on that little program. I remembered killing off Team Aero, exploring Tilkho, Reconquering Johto, and so on. I've noticed that Pokecommunity is the only forum that has a game dev section that I know of (Excluding forums entirely about one fangame). I've been thinking, and I think that we'll eventually give up or be attacked by ambitious five-year-olds by 2010, then game development will be considered child's play. Our game dev world is dying, and we should do something about it. The question is: Do what?

exteradude

Hmm...That's a big question. Oh! I have an Idea! How about we make PMs at all of the non-game-dev members, and maybe they would come to the Game Dev section of the PC. Now, the question is, who would do it?

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • exteradude said:
    Hmm...That's a big question. Oh! I have an Idea! How about we make PMs at all of the non-game-dev members, and maybe they would come to the Game Dev section of the PC. Now, the question is, who would do it?
    i wouldn't pm them.
    they would have come here by themselves if they wan't to create games.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • I think we should advertise through our non-PC signatures instead because Serebii doesn't reply his e-mails. I've tried suggesting it to him already. Blizzy is right, however. We shouldn't bug people, but suggest it to them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I think you should subtly show people RMXP. Thats how I came across it. I loved playing games on miniclip etc. so i went into fangame forums lots. Someone asked a guy what he made his game on, he said RMXP, i googled it...

It's just pure coincedence, so we need to make that coincdence happen!

exteradude

Yeah, you're right, we shoudn't do that, but that wasn't exactly what I meant...Oh well.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • I know, exteradude, but you were implieing(sp) that we PM ramdom people to tell them to go to gamedev threads.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    lol, There are lots of other ways to get people intrested in Game Dev then bugging them. You could share a Game Demo in your sig, or show people how easy it is to get started, and how you can create such a good quality game if you put enough time and work into it.

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
  • I think we need to reinvent game design. We are the people who will be creating games in the future (hopefully) and statistics show that Game design has been a growing choise for college students. Sadly 90% of them drop out of it or just don't make it. If we can come up with a brand new philosiphy to revolve around it I think we can attract more people than ever.

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
  • Always. Just finding one is the hard part. If we do find a good one however, we can really impact the entire gaming world.

Look at Nintendo for example. There DS was under new philosiphy. First it was controled by two screens. It also added the ability for the user to touch the game world. Intense gamers see the possiblity behind this. But sense PSP has nicer graphic's and was basicly a portable PS2 most people went for PSP. Nintendo's Revoloution is another system that is tying to change the gaming world. It will actualy give the user phicical control of the world with it's new controller.

The above is what I mean by changing the philosiphy. Before Nintendo's DS/Rev. Games were played on one screen, with a controler that had some kind of analog to it. We need to think of somthing that can change the gaming world like this, and learn how to tap its tre potential (The DS has not been taped...Yet.)

Back