• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Mega Evolutions for Regional Variants

Years
  • Hello friends, I was hoping any of you could help with a dilemma of mine.

Ok, so. I have to defined all my regional variants using the pokemonforms.txt, rather than making them all separate species, for my own sanity and OCD. I have a regional variant of Pidgeot, (Form 2) as well as a regional variant of Mega Pidgeot (Form 3). Regular Mega Pidgeot is form 1.

Unfortunately, whenever Variant Pidgeot mega evolves, it goes from form 2 to form 1, and regular Pidgeot (Form 0) also does the same, and both revert to generic form 0 Pidgeot after the battle. This is, of course, no good.

I want to be able to have the different forms mega evolve into separate mega evolutions and return to their original form after battle, without having to define it as a separate species, but I can't figure out how. Nothing I've tried works, and all the other workarounds I've found have been for Essentials 16, and I'm using Essentials v17.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :D

Years
  • Mega evolution takes a base form and mega that one. You'll have to specify it in the mega evolution code to allow for regional variants (it's also a bad idea to define regional variants in pokemonforms.txt). If you want them to evolve correct regional variants must defined in their own script and alter the PBS in such a way that it treats an alolan as a base form as well.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Hm, did you try usin Pokemon_Forms script?

If you check how Giratina works you can find a way to put how you like it:
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:GIRATINA,{
    "getForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       maps=[49,50,51,72,73]   # Map IDs for Origin Forme
       if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:GRISEOUSORB) ||
          ($game_map && maps.include?($game_map.map_id))
         next 1
       end
       next 0
    })
    In case, you change GRISEORB to your mega stones and put all maps ID's to your forms. Example:
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:PIDGEOT,{
    "getForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       maps1=[49,50,51,72,73]   # Map IDs for X Forme
       maps2=[49,50,51,72,73]   # Map IDs for Z Forme
       if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:PIDGEOTITEX) ||
          ($game_map && maps1.include?($game_map.map_id))
         next 1
       elsif isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:PIDGEOTITEZ) ||
          ($game_map && maps2.include?($game_map.map_id))
         next 2
       end
       next 0
    })

Back