• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Bricks - A LEGO Fan Club/Group

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
Years
  • SMALL BRICKS - A LEGO
    FAN CLUB / GROUP

All right.

Welcome to Small Bricks! The only LEGO fan club/group on PC, here to give open eyes
    and ears to LEGO-related fan creation, in addition to just providing a good time.
    I know I can be a really withdrawn person, but I'm attempting to expand my social
    circle through something, and I figured this would be a great opportunity.

I love... Well, I love LEGOs. I need to meet more fans (particularly of the
    movie, considering that that's what really pulled me in deep), so I'm turning to PC for answers.
    I'm sure some of you could use the same thing, so let's just jump right in.

~

As with every group, there are rules that every member, even the club owner, must abide by. Here's a list of every necessary one.

♥ A Skype group is available if enough people join so we don't clog up the thread or if an owner slips up
    and disappears. Updating this thread will still be important, but (as of 20 August, 2015) if the owner
    posts within sixty days of the nullification of the thread, it will be refreshed. ♥

♥ All PC and FC&G rules are enforced here. If I find something to be unsuitable, you
    essentially get three strikes before you're kicked from the club. If a mod deems your actions
    unsatisfactory, it's out of my hands. ♥

♥ Be respectful. I cannot stress this enough. "Character hate: in a joking or secretly
    affectionate manner is acceptable as long as it's established previously in the group, but
    nothing hardcore is acceptable. This isn't an "Anti-XYZ" sort of coalition, it's a safe space.
    This rule is subject to change.

♥ I know that it can be hard to confide in individuals you're not particularly close to, especially
    when you're being abused, but if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, talk to the current
    club owner and it will be dealt with immediately. ♥

♥ Last (bunt certainly not least), having fun isn't exactly a must. If the group makes you
    uncomfortable, you may leave with no hindrance. No one will pressure you to stay, and if they
    do, talk to a club owner or a forum mod. I would greatly prefer it if you leaving was discussed
    either privately with an owner or publicly as a heads-up on the main thread or in the Skype
    group if it's formulated. ♥

~

The application to join in is as follows:

Username: Self-explanatory. Just input your current username; it's up to you whether or not you
    fix it in the event of a name change, though I'd generally prefer it; either way, I try to
    keep it lax in social situations, so feel free to do what you're capable of in this regard.

How did you first find out about LEGO?: There's no real need to belabor this,
    though I personally did a bit in my intro post. You can keep it short and sweet, but putting it under
    a spoiler is a must. That's the only real requirement in this section.

What sort of personal ties do you have to LEGO, if you're comfortable sharing?: Refer to
    the above rule if you want to fill this out in detail. If sharing details about yourself in this
    way would make you uncomfortable, i.e. if LEGO is linked to trauma or if you're like me and
    have issues with socializing. You can even just put that you decline to answer; respect is a hallmark
    in this milieu regardless, and this is no exception. Just don't leave it completely blank (you can
    just put "N/A" or "No comment.", or perhaps something else more suitable for yourself).

~

Either way, here's my application, which really serves as a template.

Username: Thoriére

How did you first find out about LEGO?: I was exposed to the Duplo sets as a
    corporeally very young child, and the more "adult" (read: 8-14) sets were scattered around
    me for several years, but I was never really encouraged to interact with them.
    Around May of 2014, one of my closest friends practically begged me to watch it with em,
    so I did, and not too far after I became absolutely immersed. Since then, it's been a huge part
    of my life, and it's helped me immensely in dealing with my RL issues.

What sort of personal ties do you have to LEGO, if you're comfortable sharing?: I feel like
    this is a cliché if you've been exposed to the LEGO Movie fandom via Tumblr, but let's just
    say I felt a very deep connection to Bad Cop; my current partner is also extremely linked with
    another character, whom I am keeping private for now. We are both essentially literally these
    characters, and I'm sorry if that upsets you or weirds you out, but the identities are here to
    stay for now. If you have a problem with this, please be frank with me.

~

Member List:

Club Owner: Thoriére
    Club Co-Owner: N/A
    Member(s): N/A[/B]

~

When I have the energy, I'll manage tacking on some facts about LEGO and LEGO
    history, so stay tuned. CSS will also be taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading; I think that's all, hope to see you soon!

Back