• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Options for final XY team member?

Years
  • I have been playing Pokémon Y, and I have been planning out my end-game team since the beginning. I planned five team members during play, but can't think of a good sixth. Here is my current planned team:

Chesnaught
    Charizard
    Vaporeon
    Bisharp
    Mamoswine

So far, I have every team member except Bisharp and Mamoswine, as I only just beat the sixth gym. Any suggestions for who could make a solid sixth team member? Slots could be interchangeable if you think there are better options. So far I've considered Snorlax, Dragalge, and Haxorus.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I have been playing Pokémon Y, and I have been planning out my end-game team since the beginning. I planned five team members during play, but can't think of a good sixth. Here is my current planned team:

Chesnaught
    Charizard
    Vaporeon
    Bisharp
    Mamoswine

So far, I have every team member except Bisharp and Mamoswine, as I only just beat the sixth gym. Any suggestions for who could make a solid sixth team member? Slots could be interchangeable if you think there are better options. So far I've considered Snorlax, Dragalge, and Haxorus.

Grass/Fighting
    Fire/Flying(although you could Mega Evolve it to a Dragon Type if you had X version)
    Water
    Dark/Steel
    Ground/Ice

Seeing as you have a Psychic and Ice Gym left to do(which you easily have the Pokemon for), you really have no drastic weakness. I would get either an Electric Type(to help counter Water Types since Chestnaughts Fighting Typing leaves it vulnerable to Pokemon like Starmie, Slowbro and Gyrados(and Siebold has two of them)) or a Fairy Type since Drasna and Diantha have quite a few Dragon types. As for Pokemon suggestions, pretty much up to you but Clemont in the Anime had a Luxray and that's a solid Electric type(Also could do Heliolisk or Manectric(latter being exclusive to Y)) while for Fairy Types I'd do Sylveon(who wouldn't) or Aromatisse(this one being exclusive to Y).

Years
  • Grass/Fighting
    Fire/Flying(although you could Mega Evolve it to a Dragon Type if you had X version)
    Water
    Dark/Steel
    Ground/Ice

Seeing as you have a Psychic and Ice Gym left to do(which you easily have the Pokemon for), you really have no drastic weakness. I would get either an Electric Type(to help counter Water Types since Chestnaughts Fighting Typing leaves it vulnerable to Pokemon like Starmie, Slowbro and Gyrados(and Siebold has two of them)) or a Fairy Type since Drasna and Diantha have quite a few Dragon types. As for Pokemon suggestions, pretty much up to you but Clemont in the Anime had a Luxray and that's a solid Electric type(Also could do Heliolisk or Manectric(latter being exclusive to Y)) while for Fairy Types I'd do Sylveon(who wouldn't) or Aromatisse(this one being exclusive to Y).

I agree! I've been searching for options of Electric and Fairy Pokémon, and I've come down to Heliolisk and Florges. I'm kind of leaning towards Florges, since it has a great special attack and ridiculous special defense, and great stats overall. The only thing about it is its lack of an ability in single battles. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I agree! I've been searching for options of Electric and Fairy Pokémon, and I've come down to Heliolisk and Florges. I'm kind of leaning towards Florges, since it has a great special attack and ridiculous special defense, and great stats overall. Any thoughts?

Florges would be solid and frankly it's better than even Sylveon due to having better Speed and Special stats. Only thing going for Sylveon though is the HP and therefore if you can keep Florges from getting hit, you'll sweep relatively easily. As for abilities, they help but shouldn't be a deal breaker when picking Pokemon for a team. Granted Florges is an awesome double/triple battle Pokemon due to its two abilities.

If I had to pick a Pokemon though, I'd do Sylveon simply out of respect for the Anime and because Sylveon is god lol. Pixelate ability + Hyper Beam.... yeah lol.

Last edited:
    Back