• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Piloswine's Crystal Adventure

Years
  • Began the game this friday and I'm very involved with it. The story is so straightforward, but it captivates. Looking at Gold/Ethan's sprite was so cool. Silver is cool too. It's nice how you have professor Elm, but professor Oak is still important in the story. Since the second gen was my first generation, I'm having very nostalgic feelings while playing this game.

I picked a Totodile. I had decided to pick Cindaquil, but I accidentaly pressed yes to Totodile, and ultimately decided to stay with it.

Then I caught my second team member, Hoothoot. It proved being very useful against Sprout Tower elders. My third member was Geodude. I had made a decision to not catch pokémon that evolved by trading, but I couldn't say no to Geodude. Then I decided to catch whatever I want. Maybe the local pals will agree to make a meeting to trade-evolve anytime soon.

Like VisionofMilotic, I'm catching everything I see. Well, at least new pokémon, cause I'm really into filling the PokéDex.

At Sprout Tower I caught a female Gastly. I wanna keep it in my party, at least for a while. Now i'm going to battle my first gym. Only Totodile and Hoothoot are at good levels, but they might be enough. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Defeated Falkner with no much problems. Then I went to the west, where Sudowoodo was preventing a girl from shopping at Goldenrod. Went south to the Ruins of Alpha, the second time I'd be there in this playthrough. Solved the Kabuto puzzles and fell to a secret underground room. There I lost a shiny Unown. I'm so mad about it. I didn't notice it was shiny until I found the second Unown and notice its color was too muted. This one didn't flee like the first one. I decided to catch an Unown of each form, so luckily I'll find another shiny.

I was satisfied for now, so I left the Ruins (my favorite place in all Pokémon games, well, maybe tied with Ecruteak towers), and kept my way. Not before running back the latter routes to get my daily Berry, that I'll be saving for Moo Moo Farm.

Now I'm focused in catching a Wooper, so fortunately I'll be back with good news later.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not having much time to play, so I didn't make much progress. I've been collecting berries, and training my Pokémon while going back and forth through the routes.

I caught a Wooper! I named her Ms. Happy because of her cheery smile. I got surprised how, despite her cute look, she's strong. Another cool thing that happened was: baby Togepi was born! I didn't trained him at first, I was focused in Geodude and Gastly, but now they are strong, then Togepi will be next I'll train.

I crossed Union Cave and just arrived at Azalea town. This is where I saved the game.

I want to give to one of my Pokémon an Everstone so it can learn moves earlier, but I don't know if I give it to Totodile or Hoothoot. They would learn moves much earlier than they would if they evolved. I never tried denying evolution before, so this seems a good time to do it.

What will be my decision? What waits for me at Azalea? The answers will be in the next post lol

Years
  • The Everstone is with Totodile. I'm happy to have him unevolved for more time, cause he's simply adorable.

I defeated Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well, and fought my rival. Then I decided to take on Bugsy's Gym.

My Togepi grew fast and is now level 11. I decided to teach Swift to him and see how he would perform in a battle. To my surprise, he fought very well against the trainers at Bugsy's gym, taking down a lot of unevolved bug Pokémon. Battles succeeded each other, and when I saw, Pedregal, my Geodude, defeated Bugsy's Scyther. Bugsy congratulated me and awarded me the Hivebadge. He encouraged me to learn everything about my favorites. I think I'll keep this advice in mind.

My next destination is Illex Forest. I mystery aura seems to surround this forest...

Years
  • Illex Forest is really a place where something supernatural I can't understand is going on. Only this explains my Togepi's Metronome turning into Sky Attack and Twister consecutively. (By the way, the Anime should have explored Metronome more. It would be so fun seeing Misty's Togepi doing some crazy stuff).

I got distracted raising Togepi and when I noticed, it was my mon with the highest level. I guess it's a good time to present my team's names and explain them.

Names are usually in Portuguese (Brazil, hi!)
    totodile.png

Comedor the Totodile
    Its name means "someone who eats".

hoothoot.png

Hoothoot
    I didn't name Hoothoot. I had decided not to name my Pokémon, cause I felt like it, but I changed my mind later and named Geodude...

geodude.png

Pedregal
    Its the name of a district in my city, and means a big bunch of stones.

gastly.png

Ravena the Gastly
    This is a female Gastly and I named her after Teen Titans' Raven.

wooper.png

Ms. Happy, the Wooper
    Don't need to explain

togepi.png

Machito the Togepi
    It's the name of a cuban musician. I thought it would fit cause the -ito kind of means "little" in Spanish.

Besides these ones, I caught a Venonat but I'm not shure if I'll include it in my team. He's name is Peludão, which means "big furry one".

Using Headbutts in trees I only found asleep Hoothoots. I left them alone and went on.

It's incredible how the girl at the exit of the forest guess right the type of the forest's protector. There another lady gave me Sweet Scent. Using Sweet Scent was how I found my first shiny. It was a Tentacool, at LeafGreen, years ago. It appeared the first time I used the move. Since then, Sweet Scent seems an omen of good luck. Maybe it'll help find a shiny now at this run?

Some NPCs are really eager to fight. in the next route there was a trainer spinning around excitedly. I couldn't avoid his look if I wanted to.

In this route I traded phone numbers with Picknicker Gina, cause she will give me an evolution Stone later. I also caught a Snubbull.

In my next step I found the Day Care. I had no room in my party for the Odd Egg, so I left Ravena with the lady. Then I went to Goldenrod, to get the bike to walk around and hatch the egg. Ralph, the fisher happened to call me and challenge me to a battle. With no hesitation I went back to route 32. After battling him and coming back, when I left Union Cave he called me and invited me to a battle AGAIN. I bough two Repels and went back.

I'm typing with one hand and with the other one I'm controlling the DS ciclying up and down Goldenrod (I made all the way back to here).

The egg hatched! It was an Igglybuff, but it wasn't shiny. :(
    I'll soft reset to get one. Hopefully I'll have more luck next time.

Good bye Igglybuff. I should have released her before reseting.

Last edited:
    Years
  • GOLDENROD

I was playing early in the morning so I tried to catch a cute lil Phanpy. I lost two. The first one I managed to put to sleep, then I changed to a weaker Pokémon to make damage, but couldn't catch it, it woke up and fled. I couldn't put the second one to sleep, and it fled. But the third one I caught. I put it to sleep, then changed to Peludao and made some damage, then I changed to Ravena and trapped it with Mean Look. I woke up, but couldn't flee. I spent a lot of PokéBalls (five) but I managed to catch it this time! It was a male. I named him Hector.

I battled some trainers at Goldenrod's Gym to level up, cause I'm much levels behind Whitney's monster Miltank. Next I left Comedor at the Day Care and tried to get a shiny from the odd egg. I'm hoping to get Comedor at good level after I hatch a shiny Pokémon.

I got a shiny Magby! I named her Estelar, the brazilian name for Teen Titan's Starfire. And I got Comedor from the Day Care. He grew 6 levels and now is 22.

I went to battle Whitney. The lowest level members of my team took care of Clefairy, then I sent Ravena to battle Miltank. With Hipnosis, that hit in the first round, and Curse, it became an inoffensive prey for Comedor, even though she woke up very early. Losing made her cry. I almost left the gym without my badge, but when I talked to her again and she was feeling better, she remember to give me it and also a TM: Attract. 'Isn't it perfect for a cutie like me?' she said. Guy, Whitney is a piece of work.

I went to the Name Rater and changed Hoothoot's name to Olive. Then I left Estelar in the day-care and went north, finding Sudowoodo and catchin' it.

I've been making use of the day-care to raise some guys. I'm using Estelar. I bought Thunder Punch and taught her, and now I have a strong baby Pokémon in my team. I always thought Togepi was weak, but actually it has a good SpDef. It even defeated a Kadabra.

I delivered a letter in a sidequest, and now my next stop will be Ecruteak.

Last edited:
    Back