• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looped battle music

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 2, 2020
Hello everybody!

By first my apologies by to make this question, but I searching a lot of threads for to find one solution for my problem, but at all threads that I saw, I not could find way put on my project.

My problem it's that: I find one music on internet that I wanted to put in my project. But, like many songs I look for the Internet, this is not like majority of music from Pokémon, because that is have one end. That's why I wanted to convert this song to OGG file, but as you may know, the OGG file don't works on RPG Maker XP. I try find one script for able to work the OGG file, but I don't found!

Someone could tell for me one way to resolve this problem? How you find to play the songs in your projects? Because I try to play the beginning of song like ME, and the rest as BGM, but it does not work for battles. At least on Essential.

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
Years
Here is the thread that can help you with loop music problem. I have used it and looped the music just fine.
RGSS FmodEX
Example: (Watch from 1:30)

*Note*
Try adding or remove file extension if the music doesn't loop
Ex:
Code:
["Audio/BGM/xxx[COLOR="Red"].mp3[/COLOR]", [COLOR="red"]loop start in miliseconds[/COLOR], [COLOR="red"]loop end in miliseconds[/COLOR] ],

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 2, 2020
Yes, yes I try this this script, but them just keeps giving error on my project. I will show for you:

s7WhyHL.png

You see, I just try and try again, but this error message always appears when I test my project! Even doing what you recommended me, she appears again, and when I shift the scripts it shows me this screen:

cPkSvsN.png

I just do not know why this error is happening!

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Are you using the RGSS104E.dll library? If not download it here and paste it into your game folder. Then open Game.ini and change the library from RGSS102E.dll to RGSS104E.dll .
If you are using RPG Maker XP 1.02 rename the RGSS104E.dll file to RGSS102E.dll .

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
If this didn't resolve the problem, don't copy the script directly from the thread, but copy it from the printable version instead ("thread tools"---> "show printable version").

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 2, 2020
No guys, I tried everything you said, but only brought more errors. See:

wKQ4QMI.png

4OvMPHN.png

I'm really confused. If I try to get the scripts, I can not fight (the RGSS simply stops responding and the game closes) if I put scripts, the project does not. Indeed, no longer know but what to do. :( ;-;

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Are you using the RGSS104E.dll library? If not download it here and paste it into your game folder. Then open Game.ini and change the library from RGSS102E.dll to RGSS104E.dll .
If you are using RPG Maker XP 1.02 rename the RGSS104E.dll file to RGSS102E.dll .

Ohhh so this was the fix...

But still, my music won't loop :/ I opened the track on audacity to check the miliseconds and got this.
Code:
 [ "Audio/BGM/76 - Route 3-9 & 22, 25 & 26.mp3", 29203, 52809 ]
(tried different spacing, but no luck. Different filename still didn't loop)

Music is basically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQcstEQoBM
but in mp3 and better quality.

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
Years
No guys, I tried everything you said, but only brought more errors. See:

wKQ4QMI.png

4OvMPHN.png

I'm really confused. If I try to get the scripts, I can not fight (the RGSS simply stops responding and the game closes) if I put scripts, the project does not. Indeed, no longer know but what to do. :( ;-;

Download RGSS104E.DLL from mellan above and rename it into RGSS102E.dll and place it in your game folder

Last edited:

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
Years
Ohhh so this was the fix...

But still, my music won't loop :/ I opened the track on audacity to check the miliseconds and got this.
Code:
 [ "Audio/BGM/76 - Route 3-9 & 22, 25 & 26.mp3", 29203, 52809 ]
(tried different spacing, but no luck. Different filename still didn't loop)

Music is basically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQcstEQoBM
but in mp3 and better quality.

Tested your mp3 file and it looped fine ~^^~
I name it Route 22.mp3.... and now i just found out something very interesting... For battle music loop you need extension like ".mp3"
But for Map music file extension is no need ~^^~
So the code is
Code:
["Audio/BGM/Route 22",29203, 52809 ]
Test video:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Tested your mp3 file and it looped fine ~^^~
I name it Route 22.mp3.... and now i just found out something very interesting... For battle music loop you need extension like ".mp3"
But for Map music file extension is no need ~^^~
So the code is
Code:
["Audio/BGM/Route 22",29203, 52809 ]
Test video:

IT LOOPED!! I noticed because it wasn't perfect :P But NO WAY I can loop music. It's as if my game could start looking pro now.

Thanks.<3million<3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 2, 2020
Download RGSS104E.DLL from mellan above and rename it into RGSS102E.dll and place it in your game folder

Well, I find the problem that was causing this error. The library was my game.in RGSS103J when I was renaming pair RGSS102E or RGSS104E, ie, if it were not Aljen, I could never stop this problem.
But, for my surprise, when I test the project (this time running the title screen and all), but in time to enter the map, it appears that:

BW0sv4q.png

I really think this has to do the fact of me being extended using songs, and is the first time I try to loop into one. But I'm not sure.
I have to "register" every song my project in the script? Or maybe the error is other?

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Maybe you're using non-ASCII characters? Try to use ASCII characters instead. Some non-ASCII characters are incompatible with the script.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 2, 2020
I am sorry, but what is ASCII characters? Is abut the number o code? Because I put the numbers that I programmed in Audacity:

zTDx6Fz.png

X2esJTg.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 2, 2020
Maybe you're using non-ASCII characters? Try to use ASCII characters instead. Some non-ASCII characters are incompatible with the script.
I'm sorry, but I still do not get what you wanna say that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Is it a battle music? If it's not, you don't have to put .ogg at the end.
[ "Audio/BGM/name", 29203, 52809 ]

As so it worked for me.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 2, 2020
Is it a battle music? If it's not, you don't have to put .ogg at the end.
[ "Audio/BGM/name", 29203, 52809 ]

As so it worked for me.

Yes, yes, I've tried many ways. With the file extension, without too, but the message always appears when I enter the map.

BW0sv4q.png

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Because you have to write the filename in this format:" Batalha_contra_Rival_Lukas" and then the file extension. Never put blank spaces.

Back