• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool✓] Advance Map - Save and Import Maps?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    If this has been answered before, I apologize; I didn't find anything on it through the search function.

Is there a way to save a map you are creating in Advanced Map, without writing it to the ROM (or export from a ROM perhaps)?
    I'm asking because I'm trying to keep things as clean as possible, so being kinda cautious of making permanent changes to the ROM, and was wondering if it was possible to save maps so that you could import them into a fresh ROM without having to re-draw each new map.

I've been sure to keep a fresh ROM backup, and wouldn't be completely adverse to keeping multiple staged backups of the working ROM, but I figured I'd check since it seems like there's a lot that could get messy with so many edits being made to the ROM, and being able to save and then re-inject maps into a fresh ROM would be really handy. ^.^

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    Yes its possible :)

Its pretty basic, u jus need to go to file>map>save
    map as !! Then u have to choose the destination where u are going to save this map in ur PC or laptop. And WALA its done ^_^

Then u just have to open ur new Fresh ROM then just go to any map and click File>Map>Save map as>open map !! Now u need to browse the map u saved previously and done ur map will pop up.

If u have modified some tiles in ur ROM that isn't available in the new fresh ROM, then u may see some tiles mismatched, or blank blocks (⊙_☉)

That's all u need to know about map saving and inserting !!!

GLAD IT HELPED :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    Thank you very much. Somehow I overlooked that, and it's going to save me an enormous amount of headache. XD
    Slowly but surely, this stuff is becoming less complicated. ^.^

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    Haha, nice one. ^.^

Got another question that I think is related enough to put in the same thread:

Can you (and if so how do you) create new headers for new maps, separate from the old maps?

For example, in AdvanceMap, we can sort by "<bank>.<map>", "map name", "tileset number", "tileset grouping", and "mix map name and tileset".

If I create a new map and insert it into a new bank (such as setting it to bank 43), it puts the new map in bank 43, but names the map Pallet Town (fire-red rom). If you sort by map name, it will sort it under the Pallet Town maps.

Going into the Header of the map, there's a dropdown box of all the existing map names, but if you rename your map, it will overwrite the map names of associated maps from the dropdown box.

Is there a way to create a new set of maps and keep them separate from the standard maps and headers?

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    From my knowledge, I am pretty sure u can add a unique header. I don't know if anyone has done it, sorry I wasn't of any help.

My suggestion is u add new maps and change its map header to some kind of cave or route and all u gotta do is for the original map header of the route or cave set it to don't display.

And for ur new map which uses the cave's or routes header, change its name and set display name.

I haven't tried it personally and I hope it wasn't complicated :)

If that doesn't work, the only way is just replace :/

Back