• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Legacy Run

Years
Okay, doing this but starting off in heartgold->Black2->X->AlphaSapphire->Moon->UltraSun. Don't have first black/white or PDPl. But this should work out for me, if this is okay...(Looks at the backlog of runs needed and sighs.)
Edit:.....Flippin really? Fine, I'll play with a team from pokemon heart gold->x-.AlphaSapphire-.Omegaruby->Sun->Moon->UltraSun, there! Damn old transfer systems, I'll still play Black 2, and use the pokemon that beat the elite four as breeding fodder, that should work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
So I did take a break, for over a year. Looking back at the original post...I think I've been doing this wrong the whole time. I'm pretty sure I violated rule 5 (and the corresponding part of the footnote) in every region. I have been trading my team up (to a file I have already completed), bred a new team, and then traded over to a fresh file in that same gen.

I'm also starting to realize that the process of picking out my replacement members for the next game is not fun for me. So what I'm doing instead is starting over on Leaf Green, and I'm doing Nuzlocke-style rules for catching wild Pokemon. I'll be randomly picking gift Pokemon, but I'll probably allow myself to buy whatever I want at the Game Corner. Also, I can only take an in-game trade Pokemon if I have caught the required monster in the wild. Then, at the end of the game, I will have to breed all the Pokemon on my team with one of the wild (one-per-route) Pokemon that I have captured. If I have Pokemon on my team that can't breed with any of the wild Pokemon I've caught (and if I haven't already caught a Ditto), then I'll have to go out and catch a Ditto to breed with them.

This way, I should have some nice, semi-random teams to bring forward from region-to-region. If I ever get there, I may rebreed my team to play through the Sword/Shield ex-packs with a fresh team of Lv. 1 mons.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
I had a long weekend, and very few commitments, so I went ahead and hammered out my LeafGreen run. My randomly selected starter was Squirtle, and then I did what I had planned and caught one Pokemon per route/location for the rest of the run. I was surprised by how well the team worked together. I'm also surprised how close I came to the team I had hand-picked, last year. We challenged the E4 at level 45 and didn't have much trouble. I named all my monsters after song titles (or abbreviated versions of song titles).

blastoise.png
primeape.png
graveler.png
kadabra.png
jolteon.png
victreebel.png

My final team was Blue Moon (Blastoise), War Pig (Primeape), Mudville (Graveler), Spoon Man (Kadabra), Ivy (Victreebel), and Grapevine (Jolteon). Ivy was the runt of the litter. His moves were mostly 60AP and lower, and his types weren't great in the late game. Mudville struggled with 4x weaknesses and slow speed, plus bad sturdy mechanics in this gen. Grapevine, Spoon Man, and War Pig were all fast and strong attackers, but couldn't take a serious hit. Blue Moon was my best all-around partner. He had great coverage, and he could tank 3 or 4 hits without going down, even in the champion battle.

The team is all bred up for the next game. I just have to prep my HeartGold cartridge. The next team will be Golem (Mudville 2), Machamp (Spoon Man 2), Omastar (Blue Moon 2), Tangrowth (Ivy 2), Ninetales (Grapevine 2), and Nidoking (War Pig 2). I'm excited to have the GFW core. I'm not thrilled to have type dupes on Ground & Rock. But I'm pretty comfortable using mineral-types, so I should be able to adapt.

Back