• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help With Pokemon League

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2013
    Serperior @ Miracle Seed
    Light Screen
    Coil
    Leaf Blade
    Leech Seed

Braviary @ Leftovers
    Fly
    Roost
    Return
    Superpower

Espeon @ ?
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Reflect

Scrafty @ Expert Belt
    Hi Jump Kick
    Need Help With the rest of his moves

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance
    Rock Slide
    X-Scissor

Chandelure @ ?
    Flamethrower
    Shadowball
    Energy Ball
    Will-O-Wisp

I would like some help with my movesets. I want to know if these moves are good for coverage mainly against Iris and if they do not provide sufficient effectiveness against the pokemon league, what are some replacements to help with coverage? If you have any reccomendations for items either, I would appreciate it. I plan on having all of these pokemon at around level 60 to take on the league. Is this a good level?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Scrafty@Expert Belt
    Hi Jump Kick / Drain Punch (Tutor)
    Bulk Up (TM)
    Crunch
    Ice Punch (Tutor) / Fire Punch (Tutor) / Rock Slide (TM)

Scrafty is reasnonably bulky and Bulk Up + Drain Punch exploits that. Hi Jump Kick on the other hand carries a slight risk but should OHKO most of Iris' team after a Bulk Up (consider using an X-Speed as well). Crunch is a good STAB for Shauntal/Caitlin. Against the Elite 4 the last slot is almost a filler: Everything on Grimsely's team gets hit harder by Drain Punch/Hi Jump Kick, Shauntal is also covered completely by Crunch. SE Fire Punch can hit Caitlin's Metagross (rematch only) harder than Drain Punch while Ice Punch could possibly give a 2HKO on Haxorus.

Chandelure - Consider Calm Mind over Will-O-Wisp. Chandelure has insane Sp. Atk, but it is somewhat frail, do you really want to try and cripple some NPCs Pokémon instead of simply taking it out. In-game battles do not really punish you for switching, and drawn out battles are usually not in your favor. Though Will-O-Wisp can be useful in certain situations.

Back