• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keeping it legit

Kresluff

IGN: Kresluff FC:
Years
  • So recently I deleted my pokemon moon save file due to not feeling morally right about the way I got my competitive pokemon. I did not hack or generate them, but rather bred them through natural means (mostly). For starters I used rng to catch a 6 iv modest ditto in heart gold, which in my opinion was a legit pokemon. It was not until I borrowed a save file from the internet and loaded it on my black version to transfer my ditto from heart gold to moon. I used the ditto for several days breeding many competitive pokemon until I suddenly got a feeling of regret. It did not feel right. I tried to make myself feel better by justifying my choice, but in the end it caught up to me. The other thing that got to me was that I used the poke pelago glitch, most if not all the time.

I love the pokemon games. And my goal in the game is to breed as many competitively perfect pokemon as I can. But I no longer know what is acceptable within the game. Is it okay to use the poke pelago glitch? What if I receive a hacked pokemon through the gtn? I need help coming to an conclusion and the only way for me to decide as I see it, is to listen to other people's opinions. So please, do share.

pkmin3033

My opinion is that you should decide what is best for you and stick with it. Do YOU feel it is acceptable to use glitches, or use Pokemon acquired through the GTS, in order to achieve what you desire? At the end of the day, as long as the Pokemon in question are not impossible to attain in-game through other methods - so, as long as they don't have impossible movesets or abilities, or are shiny versions of shiny locked events, etc - they're not really harming anyone...except for you, if that bothers you. If it doesn't, then go for it; you don't have an unfair advantage over anyone else, and it's just the way you play. If it bothers you...well, don't do it.

There is no right or wrong way to play these games, outside of how much fun you have or don't have. You set your own rules and play the way you see fit. As long as you're having fun, you're doing it right. If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right, because the whole point of playing the games is to have fun. Nobody else can tell you how to have fun~

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Unless you're using hacked Pokémon in online battles, then nobody really has an issue with that and it's only your own experience that you're hurting, if you consider that to be hurting your experience. Even then, most people don't mind hacks in online battles unless they have movesets or stats that are impossible to obtain through the game. Like Meyneth said, it's really up to you to define your own standard. Nobody else should be bothered by how you use hacks or don't use hacks in a singleplayer game.

Back