• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hex edit type effectiveness?

Mega Swadloon

Swadloon Trainer
Years
  • Is there a tutorial somewhere to hex edit the type effectiveness?

I changed all the types on Firered, but t can't seem to get the Type Effectiveness Editor tool to work for fire red. I tried the newest one, and an older one and it won't work. I tried a clean Rom, still won't work. It works for Ruby, but not Fire red. So I figure I could just hex it but I can't find a tutorial or anything.

I already changed the graphics and the names in game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    The type effectiveness chart is located at 0x24F050 in a basic Fire Red ROM. Each entry is 3 bytes long, with the following structure:
    Code:
    byte 0x0: attacking type
    byte 0x1: defending type
    byte 0x2: damage multiplier (0x0 immune, 0x5 resistant, 0x14 super effective)

Mega Swadloon

Swadloon Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks! I may end up using this info because I may want to add a new type.

Good news though is I found an alternative tool that appears to be working. So Incase anyone reading is afraid of Hex, I'll share this:

There are 2 tools for editing types that i know of. Type effectiveness editor, and Type Resistance Editor. If one doesn't work, try the other. The latter is a lot messier to work with, but it gets the job done.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2018
    Hello! You can see this tutorial by ShyRayq, he explained that very good. The same tutorial is here, but doesnt have images.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160531010632/https://(here is a triple "w").pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313872

( I can not post links because I dont have 5 posts, excuse me if I have break a rule, I want to help and dont want do shitposting or read something, it is difficulty to me, I dont speak good the english).

Last edited:
    Back