• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Berry Pots

Luxray Master

Main Head for the Starlight Team
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Hello PC, I have a question regarding the Berry Pots of HG/SS, and I want to know if there is a way of adding them into a game? I am new to coding, and this seems a little... Advanced? Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    I should be very simple, just place your berry event on the pot. (Look at the sample map for an example of the berry event.)

Luxray Master

Main Head for the Starlight Team
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    No, the berry pots, such as the key item in HG/SS, it's very different in the fact that it is a key item that allows you to plant and grow berries wherever you are.

mybusiness

Have someone figured this out? The ideal would be to have the options "Check plant" (with a conditional branch to collect its berries), "Plant" and "Water."

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Actually I coded the whole thing already. Well not exactly berry pots but it's prety much the same. You can plant up to 3 berries at a time and water it. Unfortunately i can't release the script yet, as it is for a fan game that hasn't been released yet.
    But yes it is possible and the thing to worry about the most would be to set up the UI. Other than that you need to make some modifcation on the existing berry scripts (especially to store the data differently)

Back