• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Capturing pokemon tutorial

tinsi

Tinsi
Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2017
    In Pokemon game, theirs always a tutorial to teach you how to catch a pokemon. For example, in fire red and leaf green it's a old man who show you how to catch a weedle.

So I was wondering if it's possible to add this feature in my game ?

Thanks

hqdefault.jpg

elynxer

Sworedyz
    Years
  • Its definitely possible. Not necessarily easy.

It's going to involve some ruby coding... Given the large number of views, and the lack of responses, I'm going to assume that Pokemon Essentials doesn't come with such a feature by default.

It could be a recorded video... I have a rough way of running that, if I adapt one of my scripts for you. Downside is that it would eat up some space putting it in the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    If you really want to make an authentic catch tutorial, you can edit mej71's extremely old script https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333995 or edit Hollow's newer, but not exact same purpose script https://reliccastle.com/resources/321/.

You should keep in mind that if someone is playing a fangame, they more than likely already know how to catch a Pokemon. So a catch tutorial isn't really needed, unless you absolutely want one for aesthetic purposes. If it's for story purposes, you can always just have it be a normal battle. You'd just need to disable the battle/run away options, and just change the player's backsprite to whatever character you wish.

Back