• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3D Game Maker?

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Does anyone know of any good (and possibly free) 3D Game Making programs, i have searched all over the net, but all the links i get are for collage courses or sites that just link to other sites which then link to other sites untill you end up back on the site you started on, so if anyone can recommend one it would be great.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I think Game Maker 7 (Pro Version only) makes 3D games... I don't know to what extent, though.

Pro is 20$

Well $ mean nothing to me, im from the UK, and i don't think Game Maker could make the type of game i want to.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    GM can create anything if your good enough, saying it won't make the kind of game you want is basically saying your not good enough.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2012
    What about the 3D Gamemaker or DarkBasic, Or maybe Realm Crafter. I read about it on the internet the other day. Seems like fairly easy programs which can make cool looking 3d games. Especially Realm Crafter, your own 3d MMORPG maker. Unfortunately the price is very expensive.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    3D game maker=waste of money, you et five minutes of amusment then realize it's terrible.

Josh1billion

Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    Game Studio.

It has a free version, and is pretty versatile, but the Pro version is very pricey.
    I think you mean 3D GameStudio.

But keep in mind that 3D programming will likely lead you to better results and less confinement.

namakemono456

PoketEngine Creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    3D game creation has some complexities that make it very difficult to be worthwhile unless you plan on making money from it. The rendering steps, modeling, collision detecting, and other trig type stuff is annoying to learn and a pain to put into practice. That is why most of these hacks are done in 2d (as well as most free games) If its not in 3d you can be darn sure they are using a pre-built engine with collision and animation rendering 'pre-built'.

Oh and they have about a million modelers >.>

The matrix transformations to render a model in perspective are more than annoying enough. If you want to make a 3D game go to a library or borders and take a look at books on 3d game programming and theory.

I realise that your looking for a premade game maker but keep in mind that collision and mmodels are usually left out, as well as ground properties.

Back