• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Is it possible to remove overworld Surf?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    In the lore of my game, Surfing is prohibited due to in game events, yet, i can still surf if i get near water if i have a Pokemon that knows the move. To avoid this, i have to constantly put either rocks or fences in front of every water and this looks just lazy and unattractive.

image.png

So, i'm here to ask if it is possible to remove the ability to surf in the over world from the game and make it just a single move as i don't want to delete a powerful move from the player's arsenal and i don't want to players find a work around to get on the water just to find the black edges of the map

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    It is!
    Change the terrain tag of your water tiles/autotiles to 0 in your tileset editor and that should fix it.

Back