• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Francium (Demo version 1) (6 Gyms)

Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 17, 2021
Hello there! My name is Antoni and I had been working on a rom hack for year, although never getting around to finish it. If I upload it here and people enjoy it, perhaps I may get the motivation to complete it again!

Features: (As of 22/2/17)
*Original Story and map.
*4 starters to choose from.
*Gen 4, 5 and 6 Pokemon.
*Fairy type.
*Unique textures.
*Infinite TMs.
*Gen 4-6 moves.
*Only 2 required HMs.
*Sinnoh Music <3.
*Multiple obtainable legendaries.
*Mega/Primal evolutions.
*Trade Pokemon evolutions (Info further down the thread)
*Physical/Special split.
*Lowercase Pokemon names.
*6 Gym badges to collect.
*Around 20 in-game hours of play time.
*Unique battle and overworld sprites.

Planned Features:
*2 regions to explore. (Oshon, Sinnoh)
*Fully re-textured.
*Battle backgrounds.
*Pokemon crys potentially.
*Female trainer sprite completion.

Take some eye candy:
http://imgur.com/a/4hzo6

Thanks to Kyle (Private Goof) for making some textures.
Other than that, the entire ROM is made by myself.

Tools used:
AdvanceMap
APE
Name Editor
NSE 2.0
Overworld Editor
NTME
PET
Sappy
Shinyizer
unLZ
XSE
YAPE 0.9

Trade evolution levels:
Spoiler:

Thanks for reading! If you're Interested in downloading the hack, The links are below.
Beta 1 ~ http://www.mediafire.com/file/yhil8nk2kdn613a/Pokemon_Francium_Version.ips

You need to patch the ips file with Lunar IPS to an existing Pokemon FireRed ROM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shameless self promo:
Youtube(Animation/Music)~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRPW0L0DOKMXWPiHQhlnn4A
Youtube(Games)~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHAAVI_iJQpvcYainQeb5Q

Thanks, and have fun ^^

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Looks like some good work was put into this.
Shouldn't this be in the progressing section if it isn't finished yet?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I can't choose a starter Pokemon. Also you didn't script to prevent me from going south of the town into the grass without a starter.
Yeah, I encountered that as well the first time. Second time around, I went directly to the lab without interacting with anyone or going south and I was able to choose my starter. I guess getting the pokeballs before your starter messes something up.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
Looks promising! When do you plan to finish this? It's already looking to be one of the better hacks.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I must say, I started playing and the choice of starters is certainly interesting. The only nitpick I have so far is that...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 17, 2021
I must say, I started playing and the choice of starters is certainly interesting. The only nitpick I have so far is that...

Spoiler:

In regards to the gym:

Spoiler:

And for the starters (May have a spoiler for later in the game)

Spoiler:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I encountered a pretty mean bug where my game turned all kinds of different colors and froze on me when I went to heal at the Pokemon Center in the town after the first gym (I forgot the name of it). I had a similar bug in another hack a year or two ago (I think it was Obisidian Black/Pewter White) and I still don't know what causes it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 17, 2021
I encountered a pretty mean bug where my game turned all kinds of different colors and froze on me when I went to heal at the Pokemon Center in the town after the first gym (I forgot the name of it). I had a similar bug in another hack a year or two ago (I think it was Obisidian Black/Pewter White) and I still don't know what causes it.

Yeah, if it's not something to do with your emulator, it might be caused by remapping the healing centers since flying pokemon aren't in the game. But if the hack changed colors, that's pretty weird. If it the bug was caused by what I just said, the result would normally be a bunch of glitched NPCs standing still or doing actions in the center. Hard to explain but hopefully you know what I mean.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
They were lots of grammar errors and typos.
Go check the spoilers for errors.
Spoiler:

I hope it's useful.

Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 17, 2021
They were lots of grammar errors and typos.
Go check the spoilers for errors.
Spoiler:

I hope it's useful.

These aren't typos, what you've posted are just variants of the same message, they all make perfect sense in the context. As for the electric one, the grunt is saying as if the electric type pokemon he had to deal with in the power plant weren't enough, the player just being the cherry on top. And the 'script error' I have no control over, that's just how the source code was programmed by game freak. Thanks for your effort though.

Back