• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intel 9th Gen Processors

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • 9th Gen Processors released recently and like the last release(aka 8th Generation) appear to be a stopgap or holdover until they figure out how to get their 10nm up and running. Rumor is they intend to modify or go with 12nm just to get a new line out sometime next year since the 9th Gen Processors are like the fourth installment of the 14nm process(aka it?s nothing new or is a marginal improvement over stuff that is years old). No word on whether they?ve addressed security bugs/issues within the chips and apparently they removed Hyperthreading from the I7 so that they can charge you $130 for that feature on the I9.

If anyone is looking to build a new PC, I?d hold out as long as possible. Word is AMD has something planned for January of 2019 that might light a real fire under Intel?s butt. Ironically I?m waiting until Xmas of 2019, maybe mid 2020 to build my next PC because what I want isn?t even out yet lol. Thoughts on latest Intel CPU?s?

Back