• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC '18

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • I had to take a break for a while from competitive. I am starting back up. Do I build around Ahola dex only team or plan for a national dex team. Does anyone think Megas will come into play?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • VGC18 is going to allow the entire National Pokedex, as long as the Pokemon were obtained in Alola. All items are also allowed so yes, you can use megas. What this will mean though, is Amoonguss is probably going to run all over the place because it checks 3 of the Tapus, and Mega Salamence will be the go-to mega due to how broken it is. It may face difficulty because the Tapus are everywhere, but still. Aegislash will also make his triumphant return as well as a powerful special attacker.

The direction the meta will unfold though depends on whether they're going to dump all the legendaries on us like in ORAS. If so, then it'll be pretty much Battle Spot Doubles, but if not, this is going to be one diverse meta without most of the classical legendaries.

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • VGC18 is going to allow the entire National Pokedex, as long as the Pokemon were obtained in Alola. All items are also allowed so yes, you can use megas. What this will mean though, is Amoonguss is probably going to run all over the place because it checks 3 of the Tapus, and Mega Salamence will be the go-to mega due to how broken it is. It may face difficulty because the Tapus are everywhere, but still. Aegislash will also make his triumphant return as well as a powerful special attacker.

The direction the meta will unfold though depends on whether they're going to dump all the legendaries on us like in ORAS. If so, then it'll be pretty much Battle Spot Doubles, but if not, this is going to be one diverse meta without most of the classical legendaries.

How is Mega Mence broken?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2020
    Be prepared for a lot of Trick Room meta involving Stakataka and Helping Hand Cresselia, at least that's the trend that I've found. Also, lots of Metagross. So many Metagross.

Back