• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Monotype Tournament.

AussieJimmy

Jimmy
Years
  • Hey Everyone.

Was wondering if people would be interested in doing a monotype tournament.

This is how I would run it. There are 18 types but that wouldn't work since you would be left with 9 winners which is an odd number. 16 would work better, so it would be run similarly to the Pokemon League in Sword and Shield and the progression tree.

16 would become 8, 8 becomes 4, four becomes 2 and then we have a winner.

Therefore two pokemon typings would be randomly removed. I would just use a generator on the internet to randomly assign people with their designated monotype.

The rules would be similar to your standard monotype challenge. You're allowed to have a dual type pokemon, but they all must share one single type.

It would be a 6 v 6 battle.
    I was either thinking limiting one legendary pokemon per team or not allowing legendaries at all. Not allowed to have multiples of the same pokemon eg two mimikyu's in one team, and you can't have the same items on your team, eg two life orbs.

Open to suggestions, but my first thought was to give people maybe one month or two, that way people can breed the necessary pokemon if they want specific IVs or egg moves.

Was thinking we can communicate on a discord server for more instantaneous communication

Feel free to add any ideas.

If you are interested, comment below.

Back