• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Remove faded palette effect from the move transform?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is a palette I can get rid of, a line of code I can add FFs to or if it has to be done ASM. Can anyone shed some light on that? Right now I use Hex Maniac and it's just a visual task with nothing else to change. maybe another visual task that darkens the palette?

At the very least, I'm lightly familiar with the decomp files, can someone help me single out which part of the transform animation task is the faded palette?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is a palette I can get rid of, a line of code I can add FFs to or if it has to be done ASM. Can anyone shed some light on that? Right now I use Hex Maniac and it's just a visual task with nothing else to change. maybe another visual task that darkens the palette?

At the very least, I'm lightly familiar with the decomp files, can someone help me single out which part of the transform animation task is the faded palette?

You mean the white tint on the palette of transformed mons?
    I guess that is done here and here.
    EDIT: the fading is also applied here and here

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Sweet, yeah that's exactly what I need. Do you happen to have any advice for me on locating those addresses in binary?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Sweet, yeah that's exactly what I need. Do you happen to have any advice for me on locating those addresses in binary?

I would of course recommend making your hack with the decomp since it's a lot easier and faster to just edit the code file with a text editor.

For binary hacking you might locate the code by making a slight change in the decomp that doesn't add or remove any data (such as changing the value of some constant). After compiling you can compare the produced rom to an unmodified rom to find out where the change you made is located.
    Alternatively you can use the symbol map to find the whereabouts of the code.

Back