• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] Background Palette

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 10, 2021
Hi, anyone knows the Offset for APE of the grass background in FR? I want just to edit palette, not inserting a new background.
Thanks in advance :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
The grass background pallet can be found at 00248400 in APE. Be sure to tick the compressed pallet box.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 10, 2021
Thanks!

Do you know also the offset of the background on the player side (the half circle on the left with your Pokemon)?
I changed succesfully the first, but for a better result i need to change both =D

Last edited by a moderator:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
That pallet isn't able to be accessed via APE and needs to be edited by hand in a Hex editor. Colours 1, 2 and 10 - 16 are loaded from the pallet you just edited while the seven remaining colours are the ones you need to change, making it unintelligible to APE. You should be able to see this in the third and fourth rows of the VBA's pallet viewer on the left hand side. Anyway, these seven colours can be found at 0x24824. Be careful of the rogue '01' in between the two bytes of the fourth colour - Just leave it where its/ work around it and everything should be fine.

Just to make it clear, here's an image of the data you need to edit:

h3D1o23.png

Last edited:
Back