• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gravity Move Effect

Would you prefer a FireRed 802 Remake or a C# XNA Remake of all generations?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2022
    Hi all,

I am creating a Firered 802 hack and am currently working on moves. I found Spherical Ice's move resource thread, but it has been inactive since January 2016. As the title says, I am looking for a way to implement the Gen 4 move Gravity. Do any of you have an effect/animation for this move?

I have Battle Script Pro if that helps.

Thanks!

Fred

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    You'll need to learn assembly for this. Your move effect would pretty much just to be used to set a counter in the RAM and reset any telekinesis/magnet rise counters, etc. You would then have to insert assembly routines to allow ground type attacks to hit flying pokemon and those with levitate, make them affected by spikes, and other little nuances like arena trap. Then you'd need a way to decrease your gravity counter every turn and, ideally, display a message when the counter runs to zero. And of course, reset the counter at the start of battle so the effects don't linger between battles.

I've been working on implementing this myself, and gotten probably 80% of this done. So it's not impossible, just takes time to learn assembly and then find the areas in the battle engine to insert the above routines. I'd be willing to help you implement them if you want, just let me know :)

Just a heads up, there is a project going on to rewrite the battle engine. That being said, there's no telling when it will be complete. Hope this helps :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2022
    You'll need to learn assembly for this.
    I already know basic assembly. I guess that I am going to need to learn how to apply it to FireRed!

Actually, would it be possible to do with Battle Script Pro?Other than using it for callasm?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I already know basic assembly. I guess that I am going to need to learn how to apply it to FireRed!

Actually, would it be possible to do with Battle Script Pro?Other than using it for callasm?

You may be able to get the desired effect with a lot of conditional arguments, but it would probably be a nightmare.

I may share my gravity/telekinesis/magnet rise effects when they're complete. I also had considered revamping MrDSs base to expand the number of moves and add in a bunch of new ones and possibly some abilities, but it doesn't seem like there is much demand for new move effects/abilities these days. Especially with the revamped battle engine in progress.

Back