• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: What is your favorite environment in a hack?

Years
  • Hello fangame...fans. I've been working on my own projects and playing the works of the many talented creators online for a long time now, and new settings are possibly my favorite part of any fangame. Be it a frosty tundra or a smouldering volcano, nothing gets me pumped like a new place to catch pokemon.

The best part for me is the creative freedom that being a creator allows. An evil base in a volcano? A trot through a berry filled farmland? Rough terrain coated in meteors and crators? All possible! And interesting settings equal interesting pokemon, perfect for livening up a dex.

With all of this in mind, what are your favorite settings to play through/build? Personally, I have a lot of fun mapping lakesides out, but when it comes to the wild pokemon, deep caverns with pokemon from beyond the stars has my heart. The energetic colors of a volcano also peek my interest.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    For some reason i always enjoyed mountains with multiple levels of elevation where some parts on the outside of the mountain are walkable.

Last edited:

Indigo_Thief

Silver Candidate
    Years
  • @Ash_Blawsome

I'm a huge fan of the tundra-style areas you described. Route 216 in Sinnoh has to be one of the atmospherically complete areas in the main games.
    The music, the worsening visibility and the varying walking speeds as you slip deeper into the snow. Full-Imersion <3
    When thinking more about this question music seems to be at the forefront for me. Route 10 in Unova isn't anything special from a geography-standpoint,
    but the mood gets set by the music. It invokes a feeling of finality I very much enjoy.
    Though it might be a more forgotten part of Gen III and V, the Underwater sections always intruiged me.
    Sadly they were never used for more than transition areas. Sootopolis was a great idea, but I would be stunned by a whole city under the surface.
    Things to add to my own hack I guess :)

Back