• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Planescape: Torment

Sir Codin

WELCOME TO
    LET'S PLAY PLANESCAPE: TORMENT​

TABLE OF CONTENTS
    Coming soon.

THE CHARACTERS:
    Spoiler:

FORWARD

Well, it is now summer. Classes are completed and I believe I didn't pass one class…or maybe I did and I'm just assuming the worst. Anyway, for quite a while I've decided to try my hand at a Let's Play.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Hey, CarcharOdin…this is a Pokemon Forum. Why in the nine hells are you not doing a Let's Play of a Pokemon game? Good question. To which I have a good answer:

There's too many of those in the Let's Play Forums already

Recently I've been playing a lot of Planescape: Torment. After completing it, I decided I wanted to have another go at it. Only this time, I figured, hey why should I have all the fun. Why don't I do an LP of this?

Now, before I get started, there's some background info I need to go over…
    I warn ye now, just like what going to happen a lot with this Let's Play, there's a LOT of reading ahead. To cut down on space, I'll put most of the text in this intro in spoiler tags.

WHAT IS PLANESCAPE: TORMENT?

Spoiler:

WHAT IS PLANESCAPE?

Spoiler:

WHAT TO EXPECT OF THIS LET'S PLAY

Spoiler:

Anyway, that's all I have for the introduction right now. I'll add more information later when I deem necessary.

Hope you enjoy this LP.

PROLOGUE: TORMENT....

Cold…
    Cold…
    Cold…

Cold he feels in his slumber. Yet through the darkness of his sleep he can hear the faint sounds of the world around him. The shambling of a body behind him. Creaking bones. The smell of decomposition and rigor mortis.

He feels himself laying upon a cold surface. The smell of decay and formaldehyde permeates the air around him and he can smell it. He can smell it. Smell and hear. Hear the sounds of a slab rolling across a stone floor. He feels the surface his is on being pushed. He feels the scars decorating his body. Why does he have scars? How did he get them, he wonders…

Suddenly, he sees a flash within his mind.

A tall obelisk of obsidian, names etched all across its surface. What is that place? Have I seen it before?

Skulls. Rows upon rows of skulls. Human skulls, animal skulls, fiend skulls. Skulls of all kinds of creatures seen throughout the multiverse. They turn to your vision. What? Are they…alive? What kind of sorcery can make such a thing happen??

He continues to smell the decay and formaldehyde. He continues to feel the movement of the surface he lay upon. He continues to be pained by scars innumerable.

Fires. Raging fires. A symbol in the center of the vision. Have I seen it before? What does it mean?
    A woman in tears. Covering her eyes. He can hear her screams. He can feel her torment. The last word lingers in his mind.

Torment…
    Torment…
    Torment…

The same young woman. Short brown hair. Blue eyes. She is beautiful beyond what words alone could describe. But who is she? He reaches to touch her face. Caress her skin. Feel her warmth She closes her eyes and smiles.

She disappears. What happened? Where is she??
    His head pains. He grimaces. WHERE AM I?? WHO AM I??

He sees the woman again. Only she is not a beautiful woman anymore, but a corpse. Her decaying body joins many more, each of them dead. Each of them pointing. At him. ACCUSING HIM. ACCUSING HIM.

A man is drowning. A hand reaches to save him. He seems to fear it. Why?? Why does he fear rescue?? Or is it really a rescue??

A thug. His dagger at the side. A dagger strikes at him, hoping to defend its owner. The swing misses. He can feel the thug's blade pierce his skin.

A hellish landscape. Horrendous winged creatures, adorned with scales and horns. They smell of death, brimstone, and blood. They seek him. They seek their next meal. Their prey.

Men stand over what is to become his grave, even as he reaches out. WAIT! I AM NOT DEAD!

WHERE AM I? WHO AM I?

He sees a man in a mirror. Is this him? Is he you? You him?

He screams as his hair grows, his eyes roll back, his face and body adorn themselves with scars, his skin turning grey. All he can do is scream. All you can do is scream. You can feel his torment. He can feel your torment.

Torment…
    Torment…
    Torment…

And just when he..you… could not take any more of these nightmares, these horrors, he sees a woman. A somber expression adorns her beautiful face. Her body. Her glowing white body. Her white gown and hair blow in an ethereal breeze.

She floats from your mind. WAIT! DON'T GO!!!
    WHO AM I??? WHERE AM I??? WHAT AM I???

The cold chill returns to him.
    He can hear something shambling away in the distance. He moves his body.

He awakens…

Torment….

Okay, screenshots are giving me too many problems for this to be worth it. I want to pick up this LP again, but right now I got too much on my plate.

Can one of you mods please lock or remove this?

Last edited:
    Back