• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Bored and want to try something new!

Years
  • Dear PC,

So I only play the older gens since gen 7 is boring and nerfed my fav move. I picked up soul silver and I wanted to do a special run. I have hartgold with the full pokedex filled, and usually I always choose totodile for my starter. I always end my play through at red. This time I wanna do something different. Use a different starter and different team. I wanna beat the game 100%, meaning I wanna beat the frontier and every other end game content as well. I have done 2 challenge already but I'm looking for something fun. I might use typlosion, but I definitely want to use sheer cold/absolute zero (love this move because theoretically it would collapse anything into nothingness and it does so with infinite damage) against the hax frontier. Partially why I didn't like gen 7 but I digress. So I'm asking the community for ideas? How can I make this play through unique? Should I stick with johto only ? Looking for at least two teams of 6 since I can alternate mid region or for frontier. Please help a brother out.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    You could do a Nuzlocke. From what I hear those runs are very exciting because you have to switch your Pok?mon around. If you like keeping one team for at least an entire region, a nuzlocke is not the best idea.

You should check out the Challenges subforum, some of the challenges over there require very clever team building (one example is the Time Warp Challenge). Even if you don't follow the entire challenge, you can take some ideas and make a unique run for yourself.

I tried sticking to Johto-native Pok?mon myself, but I've found that a bit hard to do. Can definitely work though.

Years
  • You could do a Nuzlocke. From what I hear those runs are very exciting because you have to switch your Pok?mon around. If you like keeping one team for at least an entire region, a nuzlocke is not the best idea.

You should check out the Challenges subforum, some of the challenges over there require very clever team building (one example is the Time Warp Challenge). Even if you don't follow the entire challenge, you can take some ideas and make a unique run for yourself.

I tried sticking to Johto-native Pok?mon myself, but I've found that a bit hard to do. Can definitely work though.

I have done mootypes, one that got away, randomized nuzlocks as well. I dont see the time warp challenge anymore. I'm waiting for a response for the trainer personality one but its only 3 mons. Hmm ideas?

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I have done mootypes, one that got away, randomized nuzlocks as well. I dont see the time warp challenge anymore. I'm waiting for a response for the trainer personality one but its only 3 mons. Hmm ideas?

Oh you're right, I'm not seeing the Time Warp challenge anymore in the subforum. A Google search led me to the thread, though: see here. This is definitely a challenge I want to do myself sometime.

I found some other challenges here.

Years
  • Oh you're right, I'm not seeing the Time Warp challenge anymore in the subforum. A Google search led me to the thread, though: see here. This is definitely a challenge I want to do myself sometime.

I found some other challenges here.

Time warp sounds fun, I posted on there to see If its still active. I might do that on my own or something.

Edit: yeah no response I think its dead.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Time warp sounds fun, I posted on there to see If its still active. I might do that on my own or something.

Edit: yeah no response I think its dead.
    That's too bad, but you can still do the challenge on your own. I think the Challenge Log allows you to keep record of challenges that are dead, but I'm not sure...

Back