• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Child With Golden Hair(Violence PG-13 perhaps?)

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
Years
  • Daaha and all of the characters in this story belong to me. I expect everyone to be mature enough to not steal them.

Here is the story of a boy with hair of gold.
    Skin of porecelin silk,
    and eyes of golden fire.
    Wanted by many is he,
    the prodigal child.
    In his radiance the sun wains,
    and the moon triumphs.
    But,
    Within the child of gold,
    a chilling darkness lies.
    A terrible secret that threatens life,
    and revels in blood.
    This child is hated by his kin,
    sent far away.
    But,
    Let him live,
    Let him live.
    Eight have fallen,
    Eight new scars.
    Each a name,
    Each a story,
    but now all ended.
    The terrible and beautiful child became cold.
    Tears that demanded to fall,
    to shed the horrible pain within,
    Cannot.
    And the child dies within.
    And so his tale begins.

The First

I cannot say I knew Her well, for that would be quite a lie. In fact I have never even seen Her face. They tell me She was beautiful in all aspects of life. Pure, I've heard Her often called. I believe it too. She died before I even entered this world, unaware of Her fate. Many times I have asked to see a picture of Her, only to be denyed my simple request. I wish only one look at this woman I murdered. A born killer they call me, destroying purity with my first breath in the world. That man cries every night because She died. And of course he blames me.

Silently I raised my hand from where it rested on my lap to run a tiny finger over the single jagged scar that was embedded on the back of my neck. I am only three years old, a fact that many find shocking. They believe me a naive child who cannot comprehend anything other then my own desires. Well, except for that man. He knows that I am much more intellegent then that. But, he thinks that I only think of killing and of pain. I think he saw me the other night. Almost boredly I turned over my right arm to look at the underside of it, only a few red lines remaining from where my claws had cut. Is it wrong of my to cut myself? Wrong of me to obey the voice inside of me that demands it? I listen to the voice because it is right to me, it feels right and good. Do they not hear the voice? Do they not need pain as much as I do? I cannot help but think that I am different from them. But, I don't understand why or how. They started to teach me yesterday. I'm very happy about that. Of course, I still will not speak other then to ask to see Her. That man thinks that I can speak more then that. Perhaps I can, but I do not wish to. There is really no point in doing so.

I continued to stare at the several red marks that stood out against my almost white skin. They had been bleeding last night and now they are nearly gone. Why does the one on the back of my neck not heal then? Is it because I used the shiny thing to make that cut? I felt a small smile lift my lips as I thought of the pretty thing. It was so shiny and smooth, the edge sharp and the tip pointed. I love how it sparkles in the light. Of course...I am only allowed outside at night, so it can only shine faintly. This makes me sad. I want to see it shine in the sun. The shiny is as long as two of my hands, and it has such pretty pictures on it. They are much prettier then the ones in the book that the Others showed me. The Fluffy brought the shiny thing to me. The Fluffy is my friend. But, she hides from the Others. She told me that they aren't supposed to see her. Her name is Aiya. It's a pretty name. I love pretty things.

Aiya is the same color as my blood, and I like her even more for that. I wish I were like her, because she has wings and can fly. I want to fly away from here with her. But, she says I have to stay. It makes me sad. Aiya hides the shiny during the day so that the Others won't find it and take it away. I like Aiya alot because she is so nice to me and when she is around I don't feel lonely. She told me that it's ok for me to feel sad and angry sometimes, because it is a way to let out my emotions so that they don't consume me. But, I only allow myself to cry in front of her and not the Others or that man. Doing so would make me look like the selfish child they think me to be. I am not selfish...or at least I don't think I am. Then again, I have been wrong before. What can one expect from a three year old?

With a soft sigh I folded my hands in my lap, knowing that the Others would come to teach me soon. I sat patiantly with my legs tucked neatly under myself as they showed me to sit. It hurts my knees to sit this way, but I refuse to let them think of me as a weak child who whines too much. I have heard them talking about the other children in the house and of how spoiled and rotten some of them are. Once I even think that one of the Others said "Sometimes I wish that those little boys were as quite as the Lunari." This made me happy that I pleased them with my silence. But, then they scolded me for not answering when spoken to. All I could do was look up at them without a sound. They believe me dumb, or rather some of them do. There is one woman here who knows better. She is my teacher. Or rather "Ikikara-Sensei." I cannot help but like this person. She is not one of the Others, because unlike them she is intelligent. Sensei is very pretty and I really like her hair. It is long and dark like that man's hair, only hers shines and is curly. I wish that my hair were like hers.

But, I think I like her the most because she looks me in the eye. Sensei understands me, and my silence. When she comes to teach me she does not speak, but rather, sits at the low table across from me and smiles. I think she is the only one who has ever actually smiled at me. The sound of the paper door sliding open snapped me from my thoughts and I looked up expectantly. Silently my Sensei stepped inside, her bare feet making no sounds which amazed me. The Other's could not keep the floor from making creaking noises like she did. When she smiled down at me I felt a rush of joy leap through me and I returned the smile. This only seemed to make hers brighten. Perhaps that is why I smiled for her. Her long, white kimono was identical to the one she had worn yesterday. Now that I thought about it, everytime I had seen her she wore a white kimono. I wonder why. Her hair had been braided today I noted curiously, that is before my eyes settled on what she was carrying in her arms.

Without a word she sat down at the other side of the table and placed a book, several pieces of paper, and what looked like colored water in bottles down on the table. Curiously I watched as she pulled out two brushes from her sleeve, holding one out for me. Hesitantly I took it and looked from the thing to her questionably. What was she wanting me to do? She then went about removing the lids to the colored water, placing them in line between us. Then she placed a clean sheet of paper before me and before herself.

" We are going to make pretty things today, little brother." She murmured in a voice barely above a whisper. It was the first time I had heard her speak. Pretty things? Brother? What is a little brother? Without another word she daintily dipped the end of her brush into the black paint. I watched her carefully as she did this. What was she going to do with it now? She slowly pressed the brush to the paper and I was surprised to see a trail of black follow behind it as she moved it across the paper. Every once in a while she would dip her brush back into the black and continue making lines. Then I watched as she dipped the brush into a cup of water, which quickly turned black. She then selected a bright red and made more strokes on the paper. Afterward she lifted the paper and turned it so that I could see it. My mouth dropped open and my eyes went wide. A bright red bird was standing out against the white with it's wings spread wide. A smile lit his Sensei's face.

" You try.." She said softly. Carefully I mimicked her actions, only I selected blue. My hand moved as if on it's own will. Then I rinsed it off in the cup of water before selecting yellow. Again I rinsed my brush and picked green. When I had finished, I repeated her actions and lifted the paper for her to see. A blue flower, like the one that was outside. She smiled widely at me, something odd gleaming in her eyes. But whatever that was that gleamed back at me from her brown eyes made me swell with something I could not understand. I that I know was that it was good.

" A-Arigato...Sensei." I whispered uncontrolabley.

" You're welcome, little Brother." She replied.

Years
  • Whoaness. Is this a one-shot? Say no, because it's pretty good. I wonder why no one else commented.

Well, I saw a few mistakes, but I won't point them out, and overall I think it rocked. You should write more of this. o.O

~In accordance with the prophecy

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
    Years
  • There are actually Nine parts to it ^^ And I found the mistakes too after I went through it again. I will edit it sometime but right now I am going to be lazy ^0^

I am glad that you like it so far. I was actually quite worried about this story, mainly because of the POV. Normally I avoid first person like the plague -_-;; But I wanted to try something knew. Besides, it's funner to reveil my little child prodigy through his thoughts. Parts of the next one will be in the POV of other characters as well.

Inome

I am me. No one else.
    Years
  • Wow. I am in awe. This is truely the most well written story I have ever read. I can't beleive your skill and talent. Congrats on becoming such a great author! You're very creative, and your choice of words are amazing. I couldn't write like this if my life depended on it. I look forward to reading more.

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
    Years
  • Arigato m'dear ^^ It's not that great in my opinion, but that's always my opinion. Here's part two ^^

The Second

It was the night of the eclipse, Lunar of course. Only when it was time for the lunar eclipse did my family allow me outside during the day. I was expected to stay outside and to keep inside of the main garden-not that I could leave- until they came to get me the next morning. At first it bothered me quite a bit. But, I guess I got over it fairly quickly when I realised that being outside was a wonderful thing. The garden was lush with it's hundreds upon hundreds of flowers and the many fountains that graced the center of various paths. Being only a small toddler, the place was more like a jungle to me. But, that made it so much better. The whole of the place was around ten acres and the entireity of it was surrounded by a massive stone wall. It was a rather curious wall, one that with it's intricate designs, dazzled me to no end. They told me often that to go outside of the wall would be a terrible thing, something that could lead to my death. I am not sure as to what this death thing is, but quite honestly, it doesn't sound pleasent at all. So, I found myself wandering through the gardens, content with my little world. My favorite place has to be the large hedge maze that is in the center. The large bushes are so tall that I can barely see the tops of them. Aiya likes to play "Seek and go Hide" with me in the maze. I've gotten quite good at it I think.

With a soft sigh I rose from my seat in my dark room, hearing the footsteps of one of Them. The door slid open a few moments later and I bowed at the waist as I was shown. When I righted myself I was startled to see that That Man was the one to enter the room. Of course I refused to show the slightest trace of reaction. He was taller then Sensei, and his hair was a black that honestly, I admired, even though I feel odd around him. I was told by Sensei that He had very unique eyes for our race, brilliant blue.

"Konnichiwa, Father." I said softly, addressing him as I had been instructed. He said nothing in return, but merely stared at me with those cold eyes of his. I do not fear anything. Well...except for him.

"Lunari, you are to go outside now." He stated in his accusing voice. For some odd reason I do not like it when he calls me that. Of course I did not say that. I nodded mutely and kept my eyes on the floor, not wanting to see his sharp eyes any longer. I heard him shift his weight and begin stridding off and as I knew was expected, I began to follow. My curious eyes were difficult to keep on the floor, but the thought of disappointing That Man loomed over me. I want him to like me, to treat me as the others. I focused on the bottom of his dark blue hakama in order to distract myself. They were odd pants, and I found that I dislike that color greatly. As we continued through the house I felt the fine hair on the back of my neck stand on end. They were staring at me again. Everytime I was led outside, they would gather to watch me. Am I so strange looking? Out of habit I bit my lower lip and kept my face expressionless. I nearly ran into That Man's legs when he stopped suddenly, my eyes snapping up to look at him questionabley as I backed up slightly.

" What is it, Jiro?" Father asked softly.

" Let me see my beautiful Lunari." Replied a voice I hadn't heard before. With a grunt That man stepped aside so that I could see the other man who had spoken. He was large and rather round looking with his bulging girth and large face. His hair was slicked back and tied and his dark eyes looked me over like I was so sort of food or something. Self conciously I looked down at the floor and toyed with the sleeve of my haori.

" Look at me, boy." The man demanded. Hesitantly I lifted my eyes to look at the man again. A wide grin split his face and though he discusted me, I refused to appear afraid.

" Good...Fearless. As he should be. Such a pretty little child, as expected. Come over here Lunari so that I can get a better look at you." The man commanded, and without protest I stepped closer to him until I stood only a few feet away. " Wonderful. He has the golden eyes...perfect. And you are sure that he is both?"

" Yes. The doctor made absolutely sure when it was born." Father answered.

" Hmm, I would like to make sure myself when he is a bit older, just to confirm that it works well enough." The other man, whom I assume was named Jiro stated. The look he gave me next sent chills through me and I unconciously stepped back. I could feel my short hair practically stand on end and my eyes narrowed uncontrollabley. This man is bad. He will harm me. I cannot allow that. When he reached out to touch me, I reacted before I could stop myself. Moving faster then I had ever moved before, I jerked away, hissing and curling back my upper lip to bare my pointed teeth. For some odd reason this seemed to please him even more. I felt an odd sensation wash over me and something seemed to click. Then I saw it. A glow of some sort that seemed to surround me. It danced wildly around me and I lowered myself into a crouch so that my claws could dig into the hard wood of the floor. An odd vibration came from my throat and sounded verbally. Anger. Rage. Fear. It all spiralled through my confused mind.

" Just look at him! Excelent! Absolutely wonderful! He is so wild, so evil." Jiro beamed. " Everyone praise our Lunari child!" I was startled when I heard them begin to clap and I looked at their leering faces frantically. Why were they clapping? What do they want? Why are they doing this to me!? Then I saw her. My savior.

" Stop this! You are scaring him!" Ikikara-Sensei yelled, and the room went silent other then the odd noise that forced itself from my throat. " He is just a child, you monster!"

I watched as a group of them moved aside to let her through and the moment that I saw her white kimono, I rushed to her. One of my arms went around her leg, while the other held tightly to the hem of the dress. The noise stopped and I pressed closer to her. She would protect me from them. From that horrible Jiro. Sensei bent over and opened her arms to me.

" Come on, little Brother. I won't let them harm you." She murmured and I reached up to her. Ikikara-Sensei lifted me up into her arms, her hand stroking my hair slowly. I hid my face in her shoulder to block out the people. Make them go away.

" Stay away from my brother, Uncle. He is not just a toy for your amusement. And Father, you disappoint me." She stated to them as she shielded my trembling form from the others. " How could you let him treat your son this way?"

" That THING, is no son of mine..." Came the soft reply of That man's voice. Sensei let out a noise that sounded similar to the one that I had made and I felt her start walking away.

" You stupid girl!" Came the enraged yell of Jiro and without knowing it, I whipped around quickly. My hand shot out and I felt my claws sink into something soft and warm. Jiro yelped in surprise and pain. My head was hurting so badly now. I made that noise again as I glared at his terrified face.

" You...will not hurt...Ikikara-sensei." I heard myself hiss. He nodded dumbly in response and I released his arm. My reddened eyes turned to look at my claws, noting that they were now coated in blood. How beautiful. So that hideous person did have some beauty. An almost gleeful smile curved my lips and my eyes returned to the wide eyed Jiro, who now was clutching his bleeding hand. Slowly I raised my hand to my lips and without breaking eye contact, I cleaned my claws of his blood. The coppery taste was wonderful to me, so warm.

" I cannot allow something as ugly as you to touch someone as beautiful as her..." I purred lowly. " If you ever try it again..."
    I licked my blood stained lips to make my point. After a moment I blinked and my vision cleared. Confused, I looked up at Ikikara-Sensei. She meerly smiled at me.

" I am going to take my Brother outside. You all should know what the eclipse does to him." She stated calmly. I hid my face in her shoulder again as she strode away from them. I didn't want to see them anymore. She sat me on my feet once we reached the door that opened up into the garden.

" Thankyou, little Brother..." She murmured softly. I smiled up at her and took her hand. That had been the most I have ever spoken at once. Already I felt exausted and I was looking forward to a nap in the garden. What was that odd feeling that had come over me? Why did I do that?

" Ikikara-Sensei?" I questioned after a moment. " What...what happened?"

" You protected me and yourself from someone who was going to cause us harm." She replied. " You are quite impressive when you growl like that."

" I growled?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

" Oh yes. You even frightened me a bit." She chuckled warmly. " You are such a good little boy."
    My smile grew at that. I didn't like that I scared her though.

" But, I don't want to scare you, Sensei." I said after a moment. She knelt before me and I felt her cup my cheek in her large hand.

" My Sweet Einjeru...call me Sister." She murmured before pressing her lips to my forehead. The oddest sensation worked it's way through me and I did something that I have never done before. I laughed. Sister stood again and slid open the door to the garden.

" Now, go and play." She said, leading me outside. I nodded in response and bowed at the waist.

" Yes, Nee-Chan." I replied before turning walking through the metal gates that were the only way into and out of the garden. The gates swung shut behind me and I heard the familiar click of the lock. It would be dark soon. I began walking toward the maze. A nap sounded much nicer then playing right now. It didn't take me very long to make it to the center, afterall, I spent most of my time out here. With a yawn I curled up against the side of the hedge and allowed my eyes to slide shut into the blissful darkness of sleep.

A soft noise snapped me out of my dreams. It was getting darker and already I could feel the cold setting in. There was that noise again. Then I felt something fall on top of me. A startled cry forced it's way from me and I moved to jump to my feet only to be stopped by what looked like a spider's web. A net. I'd read of them before. Must get away! I fought against it frantically as I felt myself being lifted from the ground. Them! What were they doing? Why? There were four of them. They held me in that net so that I could not escape. Eventually I stopped struggling. It wasn't going to help me. Then I felt them throw me. I landed uncerimoniously on the hard ground. It hurt, but I can not allow them the satisfation of my weakness. Then I felt it. My chest began to burn as it always did on these nights. I let out a soft whimper before my world went black.

I think I dreamed. In my dream I was in a large circular enclosure and They were all sitting high above the walls. I wanted to get to them, to taste their blood. Must cut them. Must make them bleed beautiful blood. But the walls stopped me from getting to them. I roared angrily and clawed at the wall desperately. I needed pain! Then I heard the sounds of something struggling. A person I think. I turned to look up as They held a struggling girl near the pit that I was in. She was familiar. But who was she? It doesn't matter. Excitement rushed through me and I waited silently. As expected, they threw the girl inside. Attack! Attack! Blood! Pain! I wanted to hear her screams, to taste her as she cried out. The moment she hit the ground I moved. Closer I circled, growling lowly. She was mine. Mine. The child looked so scared. Didn't she know that I was going to give her wonderful pain? She ran. Yes! Play! Chase! Faster. She fell and in an instant I was on her, clawing, biting, and drinking in her beautiful blood. They all let out cheers throughout the whole thing.

With a groan I opened my eyes. Where was I? I looked around slowly and then I felt like my stomach had been turned inside out. The pit from my dream. I looked down at my hands hesitantly and a cry ripped itself from my throat. Blood. Everywhere. My clothes were laying in torn rags here and there. What was going on? WHy couldn't I remember? Tears force themselves from my burning eyes and I held the sides of my head in confusion. What have I done? I looked to my right slowly and my eyes fell on the mangled body of that girl. Or, at least I think it was that girl. The body was so torn that I couldn't tell very well. But something deep inside told me that it was. So this was death. I flinched when I felt a pair of warm arms go around me.

" Shh, don't look, little Brother."
    Sister. I hid myself in her arms and wept.

" I'm s-sorry! Your white kimono...It has blood on it now." I hiccuped. She lifted me up from the ground and held me tightly.

" It's ok." She murmured. No, it wasn't ok!

" But your kimono is ruined." I replied. " I'm so sorry, Nee-chan!"

" Shh...I forgive you..." She whispered as she carried me back toward the house. I couldn't stop apologizing about the kimono. But, I think she knew that I wasn't sorry about ruining it.

Later that night when they let me outside again, I went to the fountain that was the farthest from the house. Silently I sat beside it. I wanted to cry, but I had no more tears.

" A-Aiya, where are you?" I called softly. A few moments later she was there, her high pitched squeals filling my ears as she landed on my shoulder.

" I need the shiny, Aiya..."

Back