• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whatever happened to the Viridian gym?

rocketgruntusingzubat

That Hyper Beam didn't even hurt...
Years
  • Back in Hoenn (I think), they showed Agatha became the interim leader, but was that plot ever expanded on or did they simply ignore it later on?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • They've left the identity of the new Viridian Gym Leader a mystery and the match with Agatha(wherein Ash committed a cardinal sin with Quick Attack on a Ghost Type) was the start of the Battle Frontier arc. I've always speculated in my mind that they've purposely left that a mystery so that they may reveal the answer for more Kanto promotion(for Let's GO perhaps... who knows).

Then again they're under no obligation or pressure to answer that question so we're left to wonder who it is. Is it Gary(aka Blue) or someone else entirely?

Guest123_x1

Now you got me thinking of this as being similar to the "who is Ash's father" debate! Great job folks! :P [/sarcasm]

Though this sounds as if it's one of those questions that we're not supposed to know the true answer to, I do, as CodeHelmet does, believe that Gary/Blue could be one possibility as to a post-Giovanni Viridian Gym Leader, given that Blue was the Gym Leader there during the Generation II mainline games (and the remakes in Generation IV).

Or, perhaps, that plot line involving the leadership of the Viridian Gym post-Giovanni WAS intended to be revealed at some point in the main anime, but was pushed off to a future side series or even movie installment (though the movies are now doing an "alternative universe" telling of Ash's story) - just as the GS Ball story was supposed to center around Celebi, but, of course, that plot was scrapped due to Celebi being the star of the fourth movie.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is probably something we will never learn, unless the anime ends. I don't see them really caring too much about it.

I will say that it almost guaranteed that it isn't Gary. Mainly because he wants to be like Prof. Oak.

Back