• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed Team

Pokémon Trainer Dylan

Pokémon League Champion
Years
  • Arcanine
    Spr_5b_059.png

• Bite
    • Ember
    • ExtremeSpeed
    • Flame Wheel

Nidoking
    Spr_5b_034.png

• Horn Attack
    • Ice Beam
    • Megahorn
    • Shadow Ball

Pidgeot
    Spr_5b_018.png

• Aerial Ace
    • Fly
    • Steel Wing
    • Wing Attack

Poliwrath
    Spr_5b_062.png

• Blizzard
    • Hydro Pump
    • Mega Kick
    • Surf

Raichu
    Spr_5b_026_m.png

• Brick Break
    • Slam
    • Thunder
    • Thunderbolt

Venusaur
    Spr_5b_003_m.png

• Earthquake
    • Hyper Beam
    • Sludge Bomb
    • SolarBeam

This is really the first time I've ever tried to plan out a team with moves and everything so I would definitely appreciate feedback. I plan on having them all at least at level 60 once I challenge the Elite Four. The only things I'm really concerned about are HMs, and items. Also, I was thinking about replacing Pidgeot with Fearow, and Arcanine with Rapidash. I would also like a Skarmory on my team.

Edit: Yeah, I'm going to replace Pidgeot with Fearow (Aerial Ace, Drill Peck, Fly, Steel Wing).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2011
    Looks good! I've got a couple suggestions. A lightning and grass type both aren't necessary if you have a water type on your team because they both serve their primary purpose which is to take out water types. Dodrio is my favorite bird to use in FireRed because it is SICK NASTY. It is faster and stronger than Fearow and Pidgeot so I recommend it. Replace ember with a strong fire type move, like fire blast for Arcanine. Think about giving Raichu thunder wave so there is the chance you can cripple your opponent if need be. Give Poliwrath brick break instead of hydro pump. I would get rid of Venusaur but that's just me. Good luck with your team!

Pokémon Trainer Dylan

Pokémon League Champion
    Years
  • Looks good! I've got a couple suggestions. A lightning and grass type both aren't necessary if you have a water type on your team because they both serve their primary purpose which is to take out water types. Dodrio is my favorite bird to use in FireRed because it is SICK NASTY. It is faster and stronger than Fearow and Pidgeot so I recommend it. Replace ember with a strong fire type move, like fire blast for Arcanine. Think about giving Raichu thunder wave so there is the chance you can cripple your opponent if need be. Give Poliwrath brick break instead of hydro pump. I would get rid of Venusaur but that's just me. Good luck with your team!
    Thanks, I'm definitely gonna replace Fearow with Dodtrio. Do you see any room for a Skarmory on my team? I love that Pokémon. :cer_tongue:

Edit: I've been thinking of replacing Venusaur with Blastoise, and Poliwrath with Heracross.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Arcanine

• Bite
    • Ember
    • ExtremeSpeed
    • Flame Wheel
    Flamethrower over Flame Wheel, Dig over Ember

Nidoking

• Horn Attack
    • Ice Beam
    • Megahorn
    • Shadow Ball
    Nidoking wants Earthquake for sure :D! He also wants Rock Slide and Megahorn. Whatever you use in the last slot is whatever coverage your team needs most.

Poliwrath

• Blizzard
    • Hydro Pump
    • Mega Kick
    • Surf
    Mega punch is better, more PP and accuracy. Ice Beam is better than Blizzard for the same reason, if you have the money to buy game coins. Brick Break over Hydro Pump for a great fighting STAB move.

Raichu

• Brick Break
    • Slam
    • Thunder
    • Thunderbolt
    Sadly, you can't do much better than this on a Riachu. But since you might be using the Brick Break TM on Poliwrath, Iron Tail would be a suitable replacement. If you're going to swap out a Pokemon, I would swap out this dude.

Venusaur

• Earthquake
    • Hyper Beam
    • Sludge Bomb
    • SolarBeam

This is really the first time I've ever tried to plan out a team with moves and everything so I would definitely appreciate feedback. I plan on having them all at least at level 60 once I challenge the Elite Four. The only things I'm really concerned about are HMs, and items. Also, I was thinking about replacing Pidgeot with Fearow, and Arcanine with Rapidash. I would also like a Skarmory on my team.

Don't replace Arcanine, Rapidash is not nearly as powerful.

Edit: Yeah, I'm going to replace Pidgeot with Fearow (Aerial Ace, Drill Peck, Return over Fly, fly is just awful, Steel Wing).

I love Fire Red <3 hopefully I was of some help :)

Back