• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive emerald team

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2016
    I'm trying to make a competitive team for emerald for the battle frontier. This is my first time posting here so if I messed up and put this post in the wrong spot just let me know where to put it and I'll move it.
    This is what I have planned for so far:

Ninjask@leftovers
    Jolly ev 252atk/252spd/4def
    Baton Pass
    Sword dance
    Substitute
    Silver wind

Breloom@leftovers
    Adamant ev 204 spd/252atk/52hp
    Spore
    Focus punch
    Mach punch
    Hidden power ghost

The idea of this team so far is to get ninjask with a huge speed and attack boost baton pass to breloom and then sweep.
    I need 1 more for a 3 man team also if anyone has any recommendations for another team that's good that would be awesome to also I do realize that you can only use 1 type of each item in a team so I need to figure out what leftover to get rid of and what to add.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • you need different teams for certain facilities. the team you have now is going to get annihilated in the palace and the pyramid.

you need pokemon with a margin for error. the problem with sd/speed pass is it requires perfect luck to pull off--no quick claw knock-outs, nothing just forcing ninjask out with the bp recipient needing to take a hit, etc.--and breloom needs substitute to hedge against the fact that opposing mons *will* wake up quickly from spore.

you need to go with pokemon and strategies that can withstand that bs that the frontier will hit you with. it depends on what pokemon you have at your disposal. if just emerald, i strongly recommend heracross as a choice band user, as it can remove water-types and blissey/snorlax (both incredible pains) fairly reliably. it also doesn't burn your earthquake tm if you have limited resources. metagross is another good choice, as is slaking situationally. starmie is an excellent special attacker that reliably beats a ton of stuff with its speed and coverage. bulky boosters like curselax and cm suicune are good, but if you can't access them, it will be a little harder to make a solid team as i find their ability to cheese through most frontier mons to be super valuable. gyarados is excellent if you are willing to rng breed for hp flying and have access to earthquake still.

Back