• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GoGo's MEGA-HUGE Sappy Tutorial

Did This Tutorial Help You At All?

• Yes

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I Didn't Read It Yet

Votes: 30 29.1%

• Total voters

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2016
I didn't know DirectSound track numbers could be expanded so easily, I always figured that was a simple hardware limitation. My whole life has been a lie. :(

With that knowledge, I will now aggressively fix a lot of my hack music, since before I worked around the 5 DS track limit.

I think your tutorial is missing two things: The modded Sappy actually allows you to increase the DirectSound limit to 12 so that can be used to accurately listen to music, and the GBA synth (Wave Memory, Square 1, Square 2, and Noise) tracks can only play one note at a time, while Directsound and Multi tracks can play chords, but chords will take multiple DirectSound slots for each note playing at once. If this is mentioned and I missed it, then I apologize.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
Hello, I'm gogojjtech and I'm here to make this tut on behalf of the community. Before we get started, I would like to ask you to download the TUT_FILES.rar right now, so you can understand as I go along.

Very nice tutorial!
The only thing I didn't understand is the reason why we need midfix4agb.exe, as it seems not to be included in the tutorial. :(

Years
I'm surprised that not a lot of people have mentioned this but, a good chunk of the links are no longer available.
Would it be possible to get alternate links for the tools required for this tutorial?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I'm surprised that not a lot of people have mentioned this but, a good chunk of the links are no longer available.
Would it be possible to get alternate links for the tools required for this tutorial?

Well this tutorial isn't very great because I wrote this when I was like 14.
My Dropbox has too many people using it, so that's why the links are down.
Sadly there aren't any other great ones (the other ones that exist are all misleading and have inaccurate/guessed/incorrect information)

If you really want to use this tutorial, you can still google for each of the tools because none of them are mine. The only one you won't find is "MidFix4AGB" so ask ipatix for it.

Years
That's the thing.
I have googled for these tools, the problem is that there hasn't been a link that isn't dodgy.
And even when I've taken the risk, it doesn't turn out to be what I was looking for.

In particular, the version of Sappy that automatically updates your computer to include the missing files.

I'm thinking of starting a thread for missing tools and resources. It seems to be a common problem among tutorials that date back a few years.

GoGoJJTech

Years
That's the thing.
I have googled for these tools, the problem is that there hasn't been a link that isn't dodgy.
And even when I've taken the risk, it doesn't turn out to be what I was looking for.

In particular, the version of Sappy that automatically updates your computer to include the missing files.

I'm thinking of starting a thread for missing tools and resources. It seems to be a common problem among tutorials that date back a few years.

http://helmet.kafuka.org/filebin/sappy12.exe

The Sappy Mod will need to be downloaded from Filetrip because.. it's a mod. It was made by a separate person.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Oh my god, thank you so much for this.
I've been looking everywhere and I'm pretty sure I picked up a few viruses along the way. xD

Thank you once again. :D

:)
If you have any questions just message me here, but I prefer the romhacker chat (in my signature) or skype

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2022
Hey, is there a way to refresh this tutorial? It looks very interesting, but I would love to see the original video. :D

Back