• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Shining Wish Version (RECRUITMENT)

Years
  • stt6Y39.png
    KzMlyXZ.png
    CWxAMDy.png
    jlgbaUV.png

Introduction
    Greetings fellow ROM hackers. Toady I present you with my latest project (drum roll pls): Pokemon Shining Wish Version! I am very excited to begin working on this, but I'm fairly new to hacking GBA games (only have 8-bit experience :P) and thus will likely need a team to help me along the way if I am to implement all the features I plan to have. Currently I am finishing up the planning stages and will be moving into full-on hacking (hopefully) soon. It is preferred that I keep a team of about 7 people so please let me know if you are interested as soon as possible! Anyway, feel free to leave feedback even if you don't want to be a part of the project :)

Features
    - A brand new region with an original story
    - A unique and creative cast of characters
    - Custom music, tile sets, and sprites
    - All Pokemon from Generations I-V (650 total)
    - Game mechanics from future generations
    - Various fixes and enhancements

Story
    Team Raven is trying to summon Jirachi to fulfill their one wish- to take over the world. To call forth Jirachi requires a "voice of purity" of which they seeks to find. Through a legend they discovered it is revealed that there is only one bloodline who possesses this ability. And so, it is up to the player to find the only surviving member of the bloodline before Team Raven does.

So, I know this sounds like a typical good guy vs. bad guy story (and well, at its core I suppose it is), but I purposefully kept it vague and excluded any details that would reveal too much. Just trust me when I say that the story will be even more meaningful than that of Black and White!​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    Is this a FireRed hack or an Emerald hack?

Also, I'd like to help with the mapping

Narwhal

Meme Lord
    Years
  • I could help tbh. But I can't promise that I'll always be around to work on it because I currently have my own hack in the works. Hmu on the PC Discord @ Matthew(trademark symbol)

Years
  • UPDATE: As of now there are 2 positions remaining. If you are interested please include what type of hacking you are skilled in as we will be selecting team members based upon what roles still need to filled.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2017
    Hey, I used to script around two years ago for a ROM hack. The names of the games were supposed to be Shining Waters and Hazing Flames, but the project fell off. I am still interested in doing this kind of work, and I am now a CS major so scripting will come to me a bit easier now. I have Discord, and that is the best way to contact me.

Years
  • Hey, I used to script around two years ago for a ROM hack. The names of the games were supposed to be Shining Waters and Hazing Flames, but the project fell off. I am still interested in doing this kind of work, and I am now a CS major so scripting will come to me a bit easier now. I have Discord, and that is the best way to contact me.

PM me your Discord username :)

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
    Years
  • Lol, I too am making a hack where a villainous team plans to use Jirachi, and called it Pokemon Wish Version so far, though I haven't made a post about it yet. Looks like I'll have to come up with a new name. In good spirits I hope everything goes well with this project, and I hope we won't be seen as some sort of competition haha. Looks like a solid game!

Back