• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Custom Music Causes Lag?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2018
    This is very simple. When I add music to the game (I mostly use OGG format but did test with WAV and it's the same) the game freezes, for one or two seconds, before entering battle and crossing routes. Does anyone know a simple fix for this?

Does this have something to do with that mid format?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    This is very simple. When I add music to the game (I mostly use OGG format but did test with WAV and it's the same) the game freezes, for one or two seconds, before entering battle and crossing routes. Does anyone know a simple fix for this?

Does this have something to do with that mid format?

This is normally caused by the script fetching the music file. Depending on the file size or formatting, sometimes it will take a noticeable amount of time for the game to load the file. I stopped using .ogg files because I had this problem and it was very annoying. I've noticed that MP4 and WMA files seem to load the fastest, although they are bigger files sizes than .ogg (which isn't a huge deal if you don't care too much about project size).

Back