• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Did you even read my last post? I said that because 2D maps are very simple to load and even easier to display.
    You're still wrong... Huge 2d maps are not simple. Online play will involve co-ordinates of potential hundreds of people being received, that will mean play will get very slow for old computers and/or slow connections.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    You're still wrong... Huge 2d maps are not simple. Online play will involve co-ordinates of potential hundreds of people being received, that will mean play will get very slow for old computers and/or slow connections.
    Large 2D maps aren't simple, but loading and displaying them are. Online is the only thing that should make this game have problems.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    One thing I think you forget is this game is not an online game. It's an offline game with online capabilities. So, you don't have to play online, as I probably won't be :P

~Mooshykris

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I was wondering... Since in the games you usually have a mother who can save money for you. Since the region(s) aren't that large a ground to cover it's ok if you want to withdraw money every once in a while. Now this game is much larger, which means that if you're mother stays in one place (which would make sense because it's her home) you will have to travel much further if you are in need of money. That made me wonder if the Captain is going to be using this system or if he is going to implement something else that will allow you to save your money.
    I can't remember this question or something similar being asked before, so I hope I'm not repeating things...

Check the first post, I think he said something about banks

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Will money actually mean anything in this game, I hate beating a game and you piles of cash and nothing to spend it on.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I don't think he ever said anything about banks.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    You will not be able to hold more, but there are banks in the game, which can hold almost infinite amounts of money for you. In Viridian City, the building with the black limo in front of it and bulliton board next to it is the Viridian City Bank.

All I did was do a thread search for the word "bank."

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Large 2D maps aren't simple, but loading and displaying them are. Online is the only thing that should make this game have problems.
    Have you heard of a game called dragon destiny by a guy called Rast? It was an rm2k game that needed at least a 1ghz processor, because it had huge maps. However simple the processes involved are, when you have a huge map with 100+ people walking around on it (NPCs), it's going to be slow on an old computer, because even when they're not on screen the computer has to keep track of all of those people.

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • It doesn't really matter the size of the map itself (unless your playing a sims game, they suck), it's the amount of data in the map. For example IF there is a map with no people on it, but is very big, the time it takes to load could be shorter than the time it takes for a rather small map with many items or people. Also, most pokemon games have an uber fast loading time

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    It doesn't really matter the size of the map itself (unless your playing a sims game, they suck), it's the amount of data in the map. For example IF there is a map with no people on it, but is very big, the time it takes to load could be shorter than the time it takes for a rather small map with many items or people. Also, most pokemon games have an uber fast loading time
    Look, can you just accept that I know what I'm talking about. I've been using sphere for over 4 years. In fact, I made the Mac version of sphere. When I say something about sphere, I am normally right...

You are correct that more entities on a map means longer loading time, but CA's big maps will have many many entities on them... Conclusion relatively good computers will be needed.

Years
  • Randomer is right..
    I remember many games that load really slow duo to large maps.
    A large map also needs many Overworlds of people, so in other words. all that combined means that a bad computer might have a hard time in loading all those data fast.
    @ Pikastorm: This is not an official pokemon game it's being made by a nintendo fan, so I believe this game can be slow for people and for others not.
    I'm not known about making games but I played them and I know Randomer is right.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    thats not what he asked
    he asked 'will it be for mac and pc'
    will. future tense.

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
  • When this game is completed..
    ..I will say "..Wow. Just wow. you have made my year. you are god."
    ..er, I hope the loading time isn't TOO long,
    this one game, wrath unleashed, made you wait like a minute every time.
    ...I wish I had some suggestions for this game.
    .......will all the legendaries be stationary, or will they be runners?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    we don't know when it will be completed, anywhere from 2-5 years. please, don't ask

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
  • Oh, I wasn't asking, I was just..
    ..Anticipating..
    or something.
    just sayin' what I'd say when it's done.
    ..will there be different "types" of pokemon?
    not like, you know, elements, I mean, like shinies, I know about the differently colored orange island ones, but I mean, like,
    .....Um..
    ..well, what will shiny orange island pokemon be like?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back