• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to re-randomise on new game?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've been working on a challenge hack for FireRed for about a year that was meant to be played somewhat of a roguelike (blackout = start a new game). The original idea would be to use an external tool to randomise the game
    each time you'd start a new one. However after learning about decomp and disassemblies. I was wondering if there was any way to code the randomisation right into the game itself? I'm relatively new to this way of hacking
    and am aware I'd likely need to start the hack from the beginning this way. The randomisation would only be on gift/traded pokemon. So like the starters, the Eevee, the fossils, things like that.
    Any help on this would be great!

Back